Canon MP830 won't print clearly/not all the way

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a canon MP830, and my printer is not printing clearly/not all the way. It seems like it is empty on ink, but the ink cartridges are full. Should I purge the unit with Windex? Here are some pictures that I scanned to show how it is printing. I tried cleaning the printer by using the option in windows, but the problem is still occurring.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Thanks for the help guys!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
We can see there is a problem but we cannot tell specifically what it is. You need to do a nozzle check and upload that image.

Also, I would suggest that you use the Upload link at the top of this page for your images.

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here you go guys. Sorry about that.

5230_img.jpg

don't mind the black dots. My scanner is just dirty.

Giorgos_V.

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I suppose you have to try a cleaning for your printhead. As I can see, PGBK printing result is not acceptable

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have tried both cleaning and deep cleaning. The problem still occurs when i try to print out my school notes or anything else. :(

IanYY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Your poor printing is obviously related to the poor nozzle check for your PGI Pigment Black Cartridge. But have you noticed the complete absence of any black from your CLI Dye Black Cartridge in the nozzle check? There should be another solid black band across the page where it says "BK".

Check one obvious thing - make sure you have removed the yellow tape from the air holes of any new cartridges.

You need to check the operation of your purge unit to make sure ink is being sucked through the system. Search this site for one of the many posts telling you how to do this, eg ... http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4885

Then, if necessary, you should clean the printhead (search the site again).
And then, if necessary, clean/purge the ink cartridges (search the site again).

Ian

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well the ink cartridges are not brand new. I usually just refill them by drilling a hole at the top, and then sealing it off with a plastic sealer that comes with the refill kit.

The BK is blank, and I think there is suppose to be a black solid line going there.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You didnt by any chance mix a different brand of ink to the one you used earlier ?..

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nope. I have been using these refill kits for a while. I am using the OEM catridges btw.

krouchchocolate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just purged the left side (rectangular one), and it seems like the windex is just staying there. There is still a pool of windex after closing the lid.