Canon MP730 does not power up

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This is interesting. Your MP730 stays powered up with the message "Put in cartridge" when there is no print head in it but you said in post #8 that the power went out a few seconds after you put the print head back in. Did you mean the original print head or the one from your iP3000? In post #10 you said that when you put in the print head from your iP3000, the display and lights went out after a few seconds but did you also mean the power went out? Did it move the print head back to its park position?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I did both with the bad print head and the good print head from the iP3000. Display and lights went out a few seconds after putting in the print head. After that, nothing happened when I hit any key. I assume that the power went out. To get the display and lights back, I need to take the print head out and cycle (unplug and plug) power.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
So you get the exact same behaviour with either print head in your MP730? Are you game to try both of them in your $5 iP3000?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
embguy said:
I did both with the bad print head and the good print head from the iP3000. Display and lights went out a few seconds after putting in the print head. After that, nothing happened when I hit any key. I assume that the power went out. To get the display and lights back, I need to take the print head out and cycle (unplug and plug) power.
I did the tests again today...
The bad print head continued to give me the wrong cartridge message. While the good print head turned off the display and light after a few seconds.

Sorry for the mis-information earlier.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
And I hope the "good" print head will work in your iP3000. I'm sure the "bad" print head will not work in your iP3000 but I don't think there is any point in risking the posibility of damaging your printer by doing it.