Canon MP610 black not printing from computer

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Those are thumbnails which if you click on them, they will get bigger and then if you move the mouse down to the lower right corner, you will see an expand button pop up which if you click on that will give you a pretty clear image (but it is still rather small).

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Jim, your bottom picture of the Purging Test Pattern looks to me like it was printed on plain paper--actually, I believe you either told the printer that you were using plain paper or the default was set to plain paper. The black ink that is used on plain paper is the pigment black ink from the large cartridge that shows up in the nozzle check at the top of the page which has a perfect nozzle check. Can you print the same image but tell it that you are printing on matte photo paper and see if it is any different?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
ghwellsjr said:
Those are thumbnails which if you click on them, they will get bigger and then if you move the mouse down to the lower right corner, you will see an expand button pop up which if you click on that will give you a pretty clear image (but it is still rather small).
"You talkin' to me?"

Travis Bickle, Taxi Driver.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I guess so. I didn't know if you realized that you could make the images bigger because to me they are still too small and they could use some cropping. And I would never use the thumbnails for just two images.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
ghwellsjr said:
"... if you move the mouse down to the lower right corner, you will see an expand button pop up which if you click on that will give you a pretty clear image (but it is still rather small)".
This does not compute.

I browse with IE6x and FF.

Either you have magical powers or your browser does things mine doesn't. Hence my suggestion to the poster to rescan, crop, and re-upload.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I'm also using IE6 with Windows 2K.

After exhaustive study of this problem involving my laptop with its rather small screen and my desktop with a much larger screen, I think I have figured out what is going on. If your display window is already large enough to contain the whole image, then you won't get the popup button to expand it to full size. To confirm, reduce the size of the window and see if the popup button materializes in the lower right corner of the shrunken image when you move the mouse pointer over the image.

But again, I agree, the image should be rescanned with a larger image size, croped, re-uploaded and posted in its full size.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I use XP and have a 24" monitor which easily displays the entire image. Manipulating the size of the window to be smaller than the image does not result in a popup window as you described. Maybe Win2K has added functionality in this situation. Nice feature. FireFox does that too, but not on this occasion. I believe this occurs when the resolution of the image is greater than that as displayed on screen, ie the image is forced displayed at a lower resolution inherent in the image.

Besides the obvious missing ink in the nozzle check, there appears to be a checkerboard pattern in at least the Cyan and Magenta, though this could just be an artifact.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
My desktop with Windows XP and IE8 also does not have any popup buttons but instead, if the image is larger than the available window, will change the mouse pointer to a magnifying glass which if you click on the image with it, will expand it to the full size and provide scroll bars on the window so you can navigate around it.

But the main question is: can use see the full size image at its maximum resolution (which isn't very much but a lot more than the thumbnail).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
ghwellsjr said:
But the main question is: can use see the full size image at its maximum resolution (which isn't very much but a lot more than the thumbnail).
If you mean 452x640, then the answer is yes. It still leaves something to be desired for analytical purposes.

Jim Attrill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days.
I have also had some further problems which required multiple head cleaning to clear.

I've had the MP610 for 30 months and I can buy a replacement MP640 or wireless MP560 for about the cost of a full set of Canon cartridges. So Iam close to going that route.

6597_img_0003.png

6597_img_0002.png

6597_img_0006.png

6597_img_0004.png

0003 is printed from a scan. 0002 was photocopied. 0004 is a nozzle check - all on plain paper.
0006 was printed on glossy photo paper.

I tried uploading a larger selection of the photos from my mousemat but Nifty wouldn't recognise them as genuine PNG so these are cropped to a quarter of the original.