Canon MP610 black not printing from computer

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You are having severe problems with your dye black ink and you may be having problems with your lighter cyans and magentas. You really should not be printing things until you get this fixed because you can permanently burn out some of your nozzles.

Are you aware that when we say that a print was made on a photo paper or on plain paper, we're not talking about the actual paper but merely what you are telling the printer you are using. So can you confirm that the settings for each of the printouts was as you explained them?

In addition to your nozzle problems with the black dye ink (and maybe some other colors), you are also have some ink flow problems. Here's what you should do to demostrate this for yourself. Print a page of solid black first while telling it you have plain paper and then after telling it you have matte photo paper. You can make both printouts on the same kind of paper. If you notice white streaks in the printotout as it is coming out, you should abort the printout so that you don't run the risk of burning out nozzles.

Jim Attrill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried the black test and the plain paper came out slightly greenish black with a noticeable black line every 8mm (3/8").
The Matte photo paper shows more blue with a black "grain" across the page.
Otherwise they printed out well.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I think you're going to have to do a little detective work on your own starting with the first two images in your post #20. Go back and replicate them again then change or eliminate one factor at a time until you can find the factor that is making the difference.

Jim Attrill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Having printed off several copies the printer is more or less behaving itself for the time being.
Printing from a fresh scan I find that the colour is closer to original on plain paper setting but there appears to be a slightly sharper image on matte photo paper setting. On the matte photo paper the image has a decided green cast. But the gaps and the "dithering" (? if that's what you call it) have all stopped. Overall the pictures are paler than the original - probably because I don't have Canon Ink in place.
Thank you for your assistance so far.