Canon mp500 ink cartridge wont reset and u071 code.

quartermilecamel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello, first post here. Ive been having trouble getting this majenta ink chip to reset. It wil flash but wont light up solid. Not sure if I put the chip in backwards which might fry it. I have 2 ink chip resetters from ebay. they both do the same thing on this majenta chip.
Second issue I think I fixed but I kept getting the u071 more than one type of ink color is installed(majenta). I didnt know the printhead was removable till 2 days ago, took it out, cleaned it in alcohol till it was clear of all ink, then reset another majenta cartridge and it now works. Hope the alcohol didnt damage the printhead but it seems to work ok now. The brand of ink I use I got from ebay. OA100, but I dont think that brand or that seller is even on ebay anymore. Is there a preferred brand to use? I bought the box of 50 of assorted cartridges. All I have to do is swap chips. Anyone have tips on how not to damage the chips as Ive toasted a few. Thanks again, this is so great to finally have printer help. Any tips/tricks to a canon mp50 are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!