tyminski

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think that the Nozzle Check PIC will be uploaded here
4958_img_0002.jpg

tyminski

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for your link. I read the post and it sounds far too complex for me!! -- I am worried that I will completely destroy the printer if I start taking parts out?! ALSO -- my printer was like this from day one. Printing text has not been an issue -- really only pics. I never did anything about it as I rarely print pictures -- but now have the need to do so. Is it possible that I just got a bum printer when I bought it? I did also write to Canon online and will see what they have to say and post it here. Thanks again. Terri

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You have an electrical problem that cannot be fixed by head cleanings. The top half of each of your three cyan nozzles is printing half of what it should be. Your only hope of getting it to work (aside from getting a new print head) is to remove the ink cartridges and then remove the print head and clean the contacts and then put it back in your printer. If you do this, be careful not to allow any residual ink from migrating over to the electronics. If your printer is still within the one-year warranty time, Canon will give you a new print head.

tyminski

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I guess I was dumb not to bring this up right when I bought it -- how much is a new print head? Does it make sense to just buy a new printer? As the MP610 does not have a fax and I have an old one separately that I need to buy a new one. Any suggestions on a Canon printer (similar to this with on MP610) with a decent fax?
Thanks so much -- I really appreciate the help.
Best
Terri

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
tyminski said:
how much is a new print head?
Call Canon Sales. In the USA, each time I've checked pricing, the lowest, or one of the lowest, prices has been from Canon.

The guarantees of purchasing from Canon doesn't hurt either.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
tyminski said:
Any suggestions on a Canon printer (similar to this with on MP610) with a decent fax?
Maybe you would like an MX700 at a cheap price. It uses the same cartridges as the MP610 except that it does not use the dye black ink which means it won't print on photo paper as dark. But on plain paper, it prints the same and it has fax and internet.