Canon MP 610 cleaning Carts and Cleaning Solution?

esp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I went overboard. I guess I don't even need to let them dry because these carts wont be used for ink. They will be my cleaning carts.

esp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, so I filled all cartridges with solution.

I did a nozzle check only a little black came out.

So I said to myself maybe the sponges aren't saturated enough so the solution is not flowing through the cartridges. So I pulled all the cleaning carts out and sucked out solution from each cart and injected some solution back into the sponges themselves until I would see the pads drip. Now I'm doing a deep clean.

Will the paper be wet or will I see anything on it? because I'm doing nozzles checks and see a blank page and I dont won't to burn out my printhead

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
esp said:
Ok, so I filled all cartridges with solution.

I did a nozzle check only a little black came out.

So I said to myself maybe the sponges aren't saturated enough so the solution is not flowing through the cartridges. So I pulled all the cleaning carts out and sucked out solution from each cart and injected some solution back into the sponges themselves until I would see the pads drip. Now I'm doing a deep clean.

Will the paper be wet or will I see anything on it? because I'm doing nozzles checks and see a blank page and I dont won't to burn out my printhead
I recommended a purge of the cartridges before filling with the cleaning solution to decrease the risk of a clogged cartridge sponge adding to your problem. Purging may not be necessary but it more than likely takes the cartridge out of the equation as being involved in the problem.

Adding a very small quantity of ink to the cleaning solution will allow you to see the nozzle check pattern. Without some coloration of the cleaning solution you may not see anything well enough to note the full extent of your issue(s)or even be able to tell if the paper is wet, at least I had difficulty before I added ink.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
My experience with printing pure cleaning solution from Compubiz (I think it is made by OCP) is that it is almost perfectly clear but it tends to warp the page more than ink so I use the heavy Staple two-sided matte when I'm doing tests to see which cartridges print under specific conditions. If you are just trying to unclog some nozzles, you can use plain paper.

esp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well Guys thanks to everyone it worked out great. I added a small amount of dye to each cart and then it work perfectly.

For another cleaning solution has anyone tried windex? I have read on the board about it, but was it questionable because of the ammonia in it.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I use Windex a lot as a cleaning solution mixed with ink but if I want clear printouts, I use a cleaning solution with no ink. The small amount of ammonia in Windex is good, not bad.

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If the solution you put in the cartridges has a boiling point too low your print head becomes a steamer. You can imagine if your solution leaves anything behind it would definitely clog your print head. Not a smart thing to do. Trust me. Been there done that.