Canon MG6350 PGBK Printing "Blurry" despite cleaning/head alignment

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This is from a Canon IP 7250
This is a different printer altogether with a different problem than what this thread is about and should have its own thread. Please start a new thread and delete this message or contact the Moderator @The Hat and have him do it for you.

DV_Belgium

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7750
I have the same issue here. Cleaned timing strip and cleaned the printer heads: nothing helps. I have the impression this is a design/manufacturing problem in the PGBK head, seeing the large amount of people having this issues. Might indeed be cooling or whatever, but the effects are the same on all printers: so this is a design flaw. Having 20 years experience in electronics and service, problems that reoccur like this, even over different models are design/manufacturing problems. Seeing the price of these printers compared to repair costs, this is never solved and hardly reaches Canon's repair and design people. I managed a workaround by placing the printer into "Photo" settings. I guess it doesn't use the PGBK ink then... Going for laser again for my next printer.
MG7750_DoubleChar.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Might indeed be cooling or whatever, but the effects are the same on all printers: so this is a design flaw.
This is a common thing with most of these models printers, its mostly cause by 3rd party inks that is not suitable for the print head, and over time causes electrical problems with some of the nozzles.

Sometimes it helps to use quite more, this slows down the speed at which the printer works, and can prolong the life of the print heat.. And no it's not a design flaw, because OEM inks doesn’t have the same issue.

Capture.JPG

DV_Belgium

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7750
I see people using genuine Canon ink with the same issue.
This is a common thing with most of these models printers, its mostly cause by 3rd party inks that is not suitable for the print head, and over time causes electrical problems with some of the nozzles.

Sometimes it helps to use quite more, this slows down the speed at which the printer works, and can prolong the life of the print heat.. And no it's not a design flaw, because OEM inks doesn’t have the same issue.

View attachment 11229
I see people using genuine Canon ink with the same problem.

DV_Belgium

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7750
I think this suggest a weakness in the print heads in this printer generation.
I think this suggest a weakness in the print heads in this printer generation.
Exactly my point: design weakness or fabrication issue. Not so "poka yoke" as one would expect from a Japanese company

Paul2open

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7750
I have the identical problem (DV Belgium's pic is exactly like my nozzle check) and not sure whether to pursue trying to fix it (time consuming) or buy a new printer (cash consuming). Any advice?

Paul

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pursue trying to fix it
It can’t be fixed, once the print head has an issue such as this then it’s curtains, you can however continue to print using a work around.

Go to printer properties and change the Media setting to Photo Matte paper, this way you can still print text documents, all be it a little slower and photo printing is not affected by this PG black issue either..
This will give you plenty of time to seek out a new printer..

Paul2open

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7750
Thanks The Hat.
I assume a new print head will fix it though? Hope so as I just ordered one 😬

Latest posts