canon mg6350 clogged?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Are you sure these new nozzle check images are from two different print heads? They look like the same print head but with slight differences in ink starvation.

Both of your recent nozzle checks show warping (not "wrapping") of the pigment black nozzles. If you are satisfied with the output of the printer then that is all that matters. If you are not happy one day with distorted text, refer to my original post on how to bypass the pigment ink cartridge when printing text.

Please post the link to the page you bought your cartridges and print head "seals".

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
Sorry for not clarifying, but they are from the same printhead the difference is after running deep cleaning. I have abandoned the other printhead, the one that had crazy wrapping. I did use the printer in the past by printing in photo mode to bypass the wrapping and it worked okay but ended up costing more in the long run.

This is the product I bought. It came with cartridges, ink, chips, seals

https://www.octopus-office.de/shop/...-cartridges-canon-pgi-550-cli-551-with-5x-ink

As said its missing the grey color.

Now only to fix the broken chip and get the grey color.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for the link. Best of luck with your printer.

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
It has worked pretty well at printing as a photo. But now I have some ink over that was meant for the big cartridge. Is it allowed to use this ink in the smaller black cartridge or is the viscosity different?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The two black inks are very different. The black ink for the big cartridge is pigmented and intended to be used on plain paper only. The black ink for the small cartridge is a dye ink intended for photo printing.

The pigmented black is totally unsuitable for use in the small cartridge. It will not adhere to photo paper and will most likely clog and ruin the dye black section of the print head if used in the small cartridge.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do not use pigment ink in a cartridge meant for dye-based ink. You run the risk of nozzle burn out.

Edit --- SneakyPete beat me while I was typing this post. :thumbsup