canon mg6350 clogged?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
+1...what Stratman said. I would use Origional Windex rather than dish soap, but given enough time both should work to dissolve a stubborn clog in dye inks. Pigment ink clogs can be VERY hard to deal with...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Pigment ink clogs can be VERY hard to deal with...
Which is why I recommend liquid dish washing soap. They have enzymes that may provide a little extra in breaking down clogs.

BTW Turb... one of the hors d'oeuvres before Thanksgiving dinner was Pigs In A Blanket made with 5 Star all beef hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry. 13 hot dogs were used, the other two from the pack eaten the day before, and not a single piece left over. So good!

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
... one of the hors d'oeuvres before Thanksgiving dinner was Pigs In A Blanket made with 5 Star all beef hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry. 13 hot dogs were used, the other two from the pack eaten the day before, and not a single piece left over. So good!

Yum!

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
The warped ink nozzle was the reason I bought the second print head in the first place. I was using the printer in photo mode before as the problem was caused by the cheap ink. I looked into cartridge compatibility and it turns out only a few old not sold any more models are compatible. Is the ink compatible with other Canon printers? I will try to do the tests later on.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The warped ink nozzle was the reason I bought the second print head in the first place. I was using the printer in photo mode before as the problem was caused by the cheap ink.
Next time, please divulge all pertinent information from the start (or as remembered). Doing so would have saved me a lot of time typing.

That said, now is the time to let us know any other relevant information you've haven't told us, including whether the warped nozzles appeared on both print head's nozzle checks. Please post properly labeled images of the nozzle checks from each print head for us to compare. The better quality, more complete, and more timely information you provide will facilitate more accurate and timely help.

Last, you can upload images to the forum instead of using outside web sites. Click the button "Upload a File" found below the post you are typing, right next to the "Post Reply" button. This makes it easier and faster for me to review your images.

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
The warped nozzles seemed to appear only on the first printhead. But the images I posted were from the second printhead and you said that the nozzle looked warped there, but I can't see it. At this point, I am just trying to figure out if the ink is salvageable. Otherwise, I get into refilling the old cartridges / buying new ones to test the cleaned printhead. As said I can retest the printheads. But I might end up doing more damage if the cartridges are bad and just waste ink if they eventually dry up.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The warped nozzles seemed to appear only on the first printhead. But the images I posted were from the second printhead and you said that the nozzle looked warped there, but I can't see it.
Look for the pathognomonic "train track" sign in the vertical axis of the pigment black nozzle check portion. See example of warped nozzles at this link posted a couple of years ago by @PeterBJ.

You discussed two different print heads. We have no idea which print head which nozzle check came from. This is why it is important to identify uploaded images properly and to provide full relevant information. If you do not have a scanner then try to use better lighting and crop the image to just the relevant printed portion on the paper.

Again, post the nozzle check from the first print head and the second print head, properly labeled, if you still have them and want to. Otherwise, you can try the suggestions I made in my previous post.

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
Good news, sort of. In the process of filling up the cartridges, I have discovered that they included new seals for the print heads that I did NOT use in the past. I filled up one black cartridge, used the seal. Printed and it seems to be printing fine using the old head and the new. The nozzle is wrapped up on one totally and on the other a little I guess. I guess the wrapping could be caused by operating the printer with bad seals in the first place, heating up because of the lack of ink. I might have mixed up the old and new print heads in the past as the one I say is new now, was the one that I had originally wanted to replace because of the wrapping. And the kit I ordered does not include any gray color. How do I proceed now?
new.jpg old.jpg

The forum seems to shrink the images here are the original ones just in case
https://i.imgur.com/QT5kAS0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4gNh536.jpg

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The warped ink nozzle was the reason I bought the second print head
So this was not true.

The nozzle is wrapped up on one totally and on the other a little I guess.
This would be the first for me to understand the warped nozzle appearance due to bad silicone seals/gaskets/washers in the print head designed to secure the cartridge ink exit port in an air tight manner.

Washers.jpg

How do I proceed now?
Reread my first post in this thread.

The forum seems to shrink the images
You have two choices for displaying images uploaded in your post: Thumbnail and Full image. If you do no like what it looks like after previewing or posting, then use Edit to change things.

To improve the quality and utility of your nozzle check, please scan, crop and then post. We do not need to see the unused portion of the paper, and, what is cropped will be enlarged before uploading. Win-win.

BoKKeR

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
None
The warped ink nozzle was the reason I bought the second print head​
This is true as I mention I have mixed up the old and the new printheads after I have abandoned the printer in the past. The old print head is the one that has a super wrapped nozzle but in the original post, I addressed it as the NEW printhead.

Update, I have filled up the rest of the cartridges did some more tests and did only run deep cleaning on the coloured cartridges. I have printed 2 tests and they were improving to the point where I was happy with the results. Until I ran out of black according to the printer. I lifted every cartridge and reseated them one by one according to the manual this should reset the chips. In the process, the blue cartridges chip gave up on me. When used alongside other cartridges it won't get recognized by the printer, and it gives a "More than one ink tank of the following color is installed" error when used alone. I have contacted the seller to ask for a new chip or a replacement cartridge but based on the print results I am happy with the performance of the printhead. As the printer won't scan without having all the cartridges inserted I have to post lower-quality images. As seen this printhead has some smaller wrapping on the PGBK side but I think this can be still used for printing readable text.

IMG_20181201_223143.png IMG_20181201_223152.png