Canon Maxify Question ?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Don't bother about resetting the ARCs. In my machine I run it like I run a BCI-6 printer. Run it til one cart is physically low. Totally ignore the chips and ink level screen. Pull the plug, pop out each one and top it off. Restart the machine and keep printing. One prime cycle and away you go till the next top off. The printer chips does not stop you one bit!The ink levels can be seen thru the carts. So why bother, when you just open the door and it's in your face. You don't even need to remove the carts to check.
What could be easier? ...a continuous ink system but considering the size of the black tank...why bother.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Don't bother about resetting the ARCs
Thanks Mike, but why the hell didn’t you mention that before I pulled most my hair out trying to figure out these pesky new ARC chips, I bet you didn’t read that in any instructions... :D

tiuayen

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon maxify 4050
Hi @tiuayen... it over you can’t print another single sheet...

Very bad news, because i print alot 1000 pages or more per day, waste ink counter maximum about 100.000 page i guess. So 2 months i need to reset counter. go to service center is annoyed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @tiuayen, If you intend to take your printer back to the Service Centre, make sure you don’t have any compatible cartridge in the printer, (Only OEM cartridges) otherwise they may refuse to service the printer for you...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Very bad news, because i print alot 1000 pages or more per day, waste ink counter maximum about 100.000 page i guess. So 2 months i need to reset counter. go to service center is annoyed.
15,000 pages peak duty cycle.....I think it can handle a lot more than 100,000 pages without breaking a sweat.
Thanks Mike, but why the hell didn’t you mention that before I pulled most my hair out trying to figure out these pesky new ARC chips, I bet you didn’t read that in any instructions... :D
Since most of the hair is gone, I thought I'd help you take finish off the rest as a favor. The bald look is in....so I'm fashionable myself these days.

Seriously, even when reset, there appears to be a counter within the printer so if you reset it, it resets to what the printer thinks it should have reached. Meaningless really but this Maxify is what refillers wanted for so long and no sponge issues. Maybe this internal counter is what had you going not understanding what was taking place.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
A CISS on the Maxify is really overkill, the carts are big enough to last for many prints and you also lose the ability of pigment inks and the quality of the print output, leakage is only a problem if you are not using it often enough...

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Hmmm... I got the message today on the printer screen that a new firmware is available - Think I'll pass on doing an update for a while ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It makes perfect sense not to upgrade to the new FREE firmware offer, I mean why should you, when your printer is working as it should and your very happy with it.

In all the time, I’ve had my Canon printers I don’t reckon I have ever done one single firmware upgrade, why tempt faith.

A firmware upgrade is usually issued to prevent you from ever enjoying the freedom to refill and not to enhance the printers’ ability in any way, and there are very few exceptions to that rule..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I can buy a MB2350 second hand.

Can the ADF of this model scan double-sided ?