Canon Matte Paper MP101 profile missing

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
So, I get a 404 error on Precision Colors' website when trying to download a color profile for this older paper. What do you guys recommend as an alternative?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What is the link?

Try again later. Or, email Mike and ask how to get the icc profile from his web site.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
And, BTW, I used just standard Matte: PC42G_CanonMattePaper_MPP_D50, which I had already downloaded, and it came out perfect. (I was impatient.)
A member of the SPCC (St. Paul Camera Club) had old Canon MP-101 paper he gave to me. Old paper can be difficult to work with but this paper was really nice.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
What is the link?

Try again later. Or, email Mike and ask how to get the icc profile from his web site.
So, I'm using Precision Colors ink for my Pro-100. I'm using old Canon Matte Photo Paper MP-101; The president of the SPCC gave me a packet of it in 8.5"x11". I'd been shooting kittens (and dogs) for the TCPR organization and hadn't printed anything on my printer for a while, so why not print pets?
Dot2 is a kitten that needs a home. The most adorable kitten in the World.
Dot2-8174.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Beauty of a picture! :thumbsup

I used just standard Matte: PC42G_CanonMattePaper_MPP_D50, which I had already downloaded, and it came out perfect.
There is only one Precision Colors ICC profile selection for Canon Matte Photo Paper. All Canon Matte Photo Papers are designated "MP-101" but of varying sizes. The Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte papers have a different designation and I do not know if the same ICC profile is used.

Short end... you are now using the proper ICC profile for the paper you listed.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
maybe it’s just me
I thought it needed a naked elbow or two, maybe even a bottle of mustard. Other than that, yes, it is you. :p

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Beauty of a picture! :thumbsup

There is only one Precision Colors ICC profile selection for Canon Matte Photo Paper. All Canon Matte Photo Papers are designated "MP-101" but of varying sizes. The Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte papers have a different designation and I do not know if the same ICC profile is used.

Short end... you are now using the proper ICC profile for the paper you listed.

Well then, the link should not resolve to a 404 error. Wouldn't it be better to just link it to the PC42G_CanonMattePaper_MPP_(D50 or appropriate lighting)? Who's the username that is the founder of Precision Colors? I forget. Is he in on this thread?

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Horses for courses, there’s something about that photo I just don’t like, maybe it’s just me..:idunno

Nice Cat...:)

What? You got somethin' against kittens?
BTW, the print came out perfect.
One thing I hate about matte paper is that it is so difficult to find the printed side. And you have to put the remaining paper back into its packet in the correct side or you'll mess up the next time you print.

Edit: