Canon iP7250 Weird consistent lines in black sections. Can I save my printer

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
Well I've found a company in the UK called CRC Tasktron who have a legit canon printhead in stock and have ordered one for £60. Fingers crossed this solves the issue and I can get my canon up and running again.

I'll let you all know what happens after it arrives. Fingers crossed this solves my issue. Thanks again for the help I've received so far.
I recommend to do a 'Print head alignment' after fitting the new print head.

GoldenAlexander

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP7250
Thanks gents and thanks @The Hat I'll check out octoink after the print head arrives and I test it with the oem ink I currently have. I'm hoping it will arrive on saturday and fingers crossed it fixes my problem.

If it doesn't am I looking at some kind of electrical fault?

GoldenAlexander

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP7250
Thankyou very much for your help gentlemen. The new print head has solved the issue and we're now firing on all cylinders again :thumbsup . I've got some decals printed out this afternoon and have just finished epoxying my first batch of pedals since my kid was born over two years ago. I'll print a nozzle check or a picture once a week so I don't end up back where I started again and fingers crossed I'll get another 6 years out of my ip7250.

I've attached a quick pic so you can see the evidence for yourselves. Apologies for the poor shot but it's just gone 1am here and the lighting isn't the best. Now I just have to wait 72hrs for the epoxy to cure enough to drill the holes out and then I can stick some circuits in them.

Thanks again gents :celebrate

Attachments

• 20210531_003715.jpg
    20210531_003715.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 159

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Great job. Congrats! :thumbsup