Canon ip7250 prints blank

Ranct

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma ip7250
Hello everybody. I've had my printer since 2017 with very moderate usage. For days, without any previous sign, the sheets of paper began to come out blank, without any trace of ink. the software does not indicate any anomalies and neither do the printer lights. I did all the maintenance procedures (injectors cleaning, etc) and it's still the same. I changed ink cartridges but it's still the same. when I give the print command, due to the noises it makes, the printer seems to work normally but the paper comes out white. any tips to solve this problem? thanks.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If the printer stopped suddenly printing all inks, then it is most likely an electronic failure in either the printhead or the logic board. A new printhead might help if the printhead has failed but if it is the logic board that has failed then a new printhead will not help.

To check if the error is electronic or the printhead suddenly blocked all nozzles (unlikely), a stamp test can be used. See this post and this. If ink is present in the stamp the error is electronic.

A new printhead QY6-0082 can still be found at regular dealers of Canon printer spares. Avoid bargains printheads from the Far East which most often are used and defective printheads that have been cleaned to look like new and packaged in counterfeit foil bags and cardboard boxes.

But when a Canon printhead fails it can but does not always damage the logic board. A logic board damaged this way might damage a new printhead. So changing the printhead is a gamble for which I don't know the odds. Time for a new printer?

Ranct

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma ip7250
Thank you PeterBJ. I'm going to do the stamp test. But I think the path will be to buy a new printer. Before this I had an IP4500 that also lasted exactly five years. I think it's programmed obsolescence.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't think Canon has programmed planned obsolescence into their printers, but nothing lasts forever and one weak point of Canon printers for home use is the printhead. After some years it can suddenly fail for no apparent reason, it seems that both number of prints and age of the printhead plays a role here.

See posts about the failure of an iP4300 and an MP800 here and here.