Canon ip4200 (ip4300) questions about chip and cartridge

grizli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
First: What would happened if I would place cartridge without chip into printer: I mean color cartridge from older version like ip4000 WITHOUT CHIP !!!

Is there any hacked program od driver that can make printer work

Another question: cause no name cartridge replacement for IP4000 sre VERY cheap and for ip4200 DO NOT exist cause this CHIP: is it possible to STIP OR CUT the chip from the original cartridge and place it to this Cartridge without chip:

Are the cartridges phisically IDENTICAL !!!

THANKS

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here is a partial quote from :
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=85858&forum_id=40&page=4

According to this post, the ip4000 tank won't fit in the ip4200 and purchasing a newer tank and attaching the chip to it does not ensure sucess.

"... by trying to fit a BCI-6 in a IP4200. It doesnt fit.
The BCI-6 is around 4mm longer and is too large to clip down.

Also I did buy some of these chipless cartridges off ebay which state that by using original canon ip4200 chips will work, but after removing the chip from my cli-8 black and putting it on the chipless compatible it did not clip down.

I wasted 25.00GBP on 10 cartridges which say they fit a ip4200 but dont. They are infact BCJ-3000 cartridges and are useless now."

grizli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jackson said:
Here is a partial quote from :
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=85858&forum_id=40&page=4

According to this post, the ip4000 tank won't fit in the ip4200 and purchasing a newer tank and attaching the chip to it does not ensure sucess.

"... by trying to fit a BCI-6 in a IP4200. It doesnt fit.
The BCI-6 is around 4mm longer and is too large to clip down.

Also I did buy some of these chipless cartridges off ebay which state that by using original canon ip4200 chips will work, but after removing the chip from my cli-8 black and putting it on the chipless compatible it did not clip down.

I wasted 25.00GBP on 10 cartridges which say they fit a ip4200 but dont. They are infact BCJ-3000 cartridges and are useless now."
So there is NO physical fitting cartridge for that ? only original cartridge and CLEANING original cartridge

what do you mean it did not click?

Si what printer should I buy : ip4300 or epson R245 (4 colours) , r220

what is more durable : buuble jet or ink jet

how many pages Can I prind with ip4300 before print head burn out

epson problem i a UGE INK WASTE when cleanin print head

if I buy ip4300 it means I will have to clean sponge somehow after 5 ink refilling or buying EXPENSIVE new cartridge ?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
grizli said:
On the outside, the cartridges are quite similar except that the beveled area just below the handle that locks the cartridge in place is about an eighth of an inch deeper which is where the chip goes. As a result, an older non-chipped cartridge will not fit into the space of a chipped cartridge.

BUT, on the inside, the tank in the chipped cartridges is smaller than the previous non-chipped cartridges. The chipped tanks are 3/4 inch deep compared to 7/8 inch for the non-chipped version. That, along with the increase in price of 20% raises the cost of ink for the chipped cartridges by 40%.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
grizli said:
First: What would happened if I would place cartridge without chip into printer: I mean color cartridge from older version like ip4000 WITHOUT CHIP !!!

Is there any hacked program od driver that can make printer work

Another question: cause no name cartridge replacement for IP4000 sre VERY cheap and for ip4200 DO NOT exist cause this CHIP: is it possible to STIP OR CUT the chip from the original cartridge and place it to this Cartridge without chip:

THANKS
This probably answer you question. I just bought a 36pk for my ip6600d they are G&G carts the quality of this cartridges are excellent and better than OEM cartridges when you take in consideration that you save more than $10 per cartridge. these compatible cartridges come without chip you will need to remove the chip from you original cartridge and placed the chip in the compatible cartridges.

http://cgi.ebay.com/35PK-Ink-for-CA...8375642QQihZ009QQcategoryZ16192QQcmdZViewItem

grizli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
IP4300 is a far better printer than Epson R220. Not clear about R345. I would stay away from R220.

grizli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hpnetserver said:
IP4300 is a far better printer than Epson R220. Not clear about R345. I would stay away from R220.
but buble jet has longer life than termal ink jet ?

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Bubble jet IS a thermal ink jet. The other type is a piezoelectric ink jet. Canon makes bubble ink jets using a heater or thermal ink pump. Epson makes piezo units.