Canon IP 4300 Ink dont come from the refilled chamber.

wolfvt13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi.
The ink don't comes from the refilled ink chamber.
First I have refilled the cartridges with the traditional method (Hole on the top).
Then when the cartridges was empty second time, found the German method, the German method seams to me to be better because you don't need to seal the hole.
So I sealed the hole on the top permanently with plastic and filled the cartridges with German method.
But the ink wont come from the ink chamber to sponge, and when I try to print the printer just print some lines.
But when I put little ink directly to sponge it prints normal until the sponge dry out.

Any one had problems with the German method, is this method reliable, is better then the hole on the top?
What can I do?

Should I buy new cartridges and refill them with German method?

And I have one more problem with red cartridge, hen I refill them it don't leak but when I but it in printer it drain completely in minute or two.

Pleas help

My cartridge photo:

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
wolfvt13 said:
But the ink wont come from the ink chamber to sponge, and when I try to print the printer just print some lines.
But when I put little ink directly to sponge it prints normal until the sponge dry out.
Check the vent on the top on the opposite end of the cartridge. The vent is probably closed. Did you do anything to the vent? The vent needs to be open for air to enter to allow ink to exit from the bottom. When the air reaches near the bottom the ink in the reserve tank will begin to come out. You can blow into the vent (blow lightly) to see if it is blocked. If it is not blocked ink should flow out from the bottom from the large exit hole when you blow air into the vent from the top.

NoWaste

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The ink in the sponge is lesser than that in the reserve tank. If I am not wrong, the sponge vent hole must be blocked. Just be careful not to burn out your print head if you continue to print without ink. Your sealing the hole may have damaged the venting!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There are two KEY points in refilling the Canon sponge cartridge tanks. Simple really.

First, the tank side with the ink MUST be perfectly sealed from leaking air.

Second. The sponge side MUST allow air to enter. In fact it will work fine if the top was completely open but the ink will dry out. So it is covered except for a tiny inlet.

How does the tank empty? ink is pulled out of the tank and is replaced by air which migrates along the wall separation between the tank and sponge. You will see small grooves along the wall if you look carefully. Air will travel down along the sides of the wall and via the grooves enter the tank to replace the ink. This air must come from somewhere. That is why you CANNOT completely seal the cartridge.

If the tank side is allowed to leak you will flood the printhead nozzles and cross contaminate the ink within the printhead. This mixing of colors can be quite a bit if not caught early. No damage is done except that the ink colors are all mixed up for a while. Cross contamination occurs when the ink leaks out the nozzles of one color, and then it migrates anlong the topside of the printhead meets the nozzles of another color and is pulled up into the other color channels via the ink nozzles. If the leaking amount is large it floods the parking pad and is pulled up into all the other color channels.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just one thing: Cartridge need to be purged.

The lower part of the cartridge should be dark and completely saturated with ink. The fact you used the Durchstich-method guarantees that the ink inlet hole is open, because the needle should have passed trough the sponge into the ink chamber: this should not be a problem.

I can say: the German Durchstich-method is very reliable from my own experiences and I now found a method to purge the cartridge with Grandad35's method by filling the ink chamber with destilled water before purging and afterwards the water is drained away from the ink chamber.

wolfvt13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank very much.
I will buy new cartridges an fill them with German method.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Make the hole as small as possible (needle size), this was for me the best option.

wolfvt13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank.
Oh these original cartridges cost likes gold, instead of buying 1 original cartridge I can buy 1 Liter of bulk ink