Canon InkTanks and the Notorious Air in tube issue

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma E510, Pixma G2010
- Does the bubble move ? Where are you living - at an elevated height ? Are you using the original Canon inks ?
Printed a 100 page book and the bubble seems to have dissipated for now. Also I pressed that area of the tube to break the air gap a bit and that seems to have removed the airgap somehow. Now only a very tiny air bubble is there.

I live in the plains and not in some hilly area. The printer is kept on a stool btw as I dont have space on my table. Yes I am using original inks that came with the printer model Gi-790 (PGBK and CMY).

Edit and Update: I changed the printer location from the stool beside my main pc to my study table where my Laptop is. Lets hope that it stays okay there. It wont be bumped accidentally there as its pretty level at x=0.6° y=0.7°.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Also I pressed that area of the tube to break the air gap a bit and that seems to have removed the airgap somehow. Now only a very tiny air bubble is there.
Little bubbles in the CISS tubing will cause no problems to you or your printing, the carts in the Canon are well able to cope with that and you should stop the unnecessary worry about them, once there’s ink in every tube line, then happy printing..

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Little bubbles in the CISS tubing will cause no problems to you or your printing, the carts in the Canon are well able to cope with that and you should stop the unnecessary worry about them, once there’s ink in every tube line, then happy printing..
Its not the small bubbles that scare me but the bigger air pockets that scare me.
Since this is the first time I bought an InkTank I have no idea about them lol. Even changed my room to put it on a level surface.

Btw I twice pressed the tubes to make the bubbles to break up. I hope that won't cause any issues in future.
Anyways the small bubbles move when printed so that is a relief.

Thanks for the constant support guys, good thing I came across a forum where people have proper knowledge about printers and don't always say "Contact your local service provider".

Last edited:

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi. Sorry for bothering you guys again. Well is it normal for draft prints to have some sort of banding?
I printed some textbook pages from a pdf and it has some banding.
Also I printed one of my silhouette that I made in photoshop that also has banding.
But if I print in standard mode the banding is there but its much much less and won't be noticeable with a quick look.

Attachments

• IMG_20220320_212949.jpg
    IMG_20220320_212949.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20220320_220157.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220157.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_20220320_220223.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220223.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would use the draft mode only for text, and select matte or inkjet paper for printing images; I don't know how much banding in images you typically have to accept in copy paper mode.

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would use the draft mode only for text, and select matte or inkjet paper for printing images; I don't know how much banding in images you typically have to accept in copy paper mode.
Oh.
Printed some colour images on Kodak 200gsm photo paper and they turned out fine in Standard mode when printed from the Canon My Image Garden app.

Seems like the text+image printout in draft will have banding on copy paper like you said.

Also if the print-head was defective or nozzles were blocked then it would have showed banding on the test page too I guess?

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm getting lost - you mentioned draft mode getting you some banding. You won't print in draft mode on photo paper, you need to select the correct paper type in the driver.

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Ink stained Fingers @The Hat @websnail

Just posting an update regarding the air bubble issue.
Looks like the problem was indeed caused by moving the printer and sloshing of ink in the cartridge causing an air leak. As a result of this the ink moved back into the ink tubes from the cartridge end when I again relocated the printer to a stable and level place near my main PC. This was the second occurence of the ink going back in the tube.

A deep cleaning followed by a 50 page print job looks to have solved the issue for now. I hope that the air in the tube doesn't come back again.

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Btw guys.
How safe is the using a medical syringe method to suck back ink through the delivery tubes?
The process uses a syringe which is attached where the CISS meets the cartridge and ink is pulled through the tubes using the suction of the syringe. There is a certain lock and unlock process of the ink tank covers which stops the ink from going back.
This method mainly saves the waste ink pad from getting full.

Video is attached below, watch from 4:13 mark.
Video is not in English though.

And this issue occurs mainly in the Asian Models of the G series (G1000, G1010, G2000, G2010, G3000, G3010).

Last edited:

Latest posts