Canon i9900 alignment issue

bedavids

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just inherited an i9900 from a friend and I'm trying to set it up but I'm having an issue when I try to run an alignment. I'm assuming the goal of the alignment is to find a rectangle in each column that is more or less solid, but when I run mine, columns A, B and D are all just vertical lines... no solid box. +7 to -3 all look exactly the same. I tried cleaning the print head, running the cleaning utility, etc. but still having the same problem.

Also, when I run the nozzle check rows 6R and 6PM only print half the rectangle. Top half of the row is just white (nothing there) and bottom half is their respective color. All the others are fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the print head is clogged. Try a deep cleaning and run the check again. If that doesn't solve the problem, I suggest you buy a new print head from Canon. The reason I suggest Canon is their print heads are usually priced lower than 3rd party ones, plus they are genuine OEM.

bedavids

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried cleaning it again... nothing. Perhaps I should just get a new print head. Thanks for the response.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
bedavids,.... If you don't know by now the cost of a new printhead for the i9900 is about $70. Now is the time for you to learn about cleaning your printhead as it will be the most important thing you need to know as long as you own your printer. Your description is very poor so run a nozzle check pattern and scan that pattern and upload the scanned jpg to this site and post in in your next note. When we see it we can tell you more on what to do.