canon i950,please help

Bob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I was having problems will waste full , finally got the pads cleaned and the code cleared. Now, another problem. I keep getting seven orange lights. according to canon's web site that indicates that you need to reset the print head. I took it out, cleaned the contacts, in and out, in and out. No dice, still the same error. Finally, I tried cleaning the head in hot tap water, then blew it down with some compressed air. Hey, it's nice and clean, but still get the same error. I don't know if this will end up in the trash heap, but it may end up embedded into my wall. Do you know what I should try next to reset this to get rid of the error?

I am unable to get any further that the flashing stage and am stuck. What exactly is going with this process and is their any way to remedy what ever the problem is?

Bob

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Bob, welcome to the forum. Some have mentioned that water inside the printhead can effect the circuits, but it sounds like you had this problem before that. Have you attempted the different reset codes for your printer?

I think fixyourownprinter.com has online manuals for some of these printers. You could see what they suggest.

I'm also wondering if it is a printhead issue or a printer issue. I'd hate to see you buy a new printhead only to have the same problem.

Bob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think I read a link there where they stopped having them on there.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ohmygoodness. I hope that isn't the case! If it is, I sure hope I kept a download of the manuals I used for my i560 and i860!

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I had a friends s9000 that was giving the 7 yellow flashes with a green. This turned out to be waste tank full error. The way I cleared both problems was to remove the printhead and use the reset code for the waste tank. After the reset code was entered the printer was unplugged and the print head replaced, after that the printer worked fine.

You should try and use a pencil eraser on the contats on the printhead and the printer, the eraser has a mild abrasive and should clean the contacts to where there is no oxidation on them. Other than that your printhead might be bad and need replacing.

The cost of printheads really does not justify replacing them. A new printer would be cheaper in the long run.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nifty-Stuff:

I just tried to access the manual listings on www.fixyourownprinter.com, they are gone. They don't have any replacement for their manuals.

I guess we are out of luck, I downloaded a few of the manuals but not enough.

Bob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
well got a i950 off ebay and took out their printhead and put it into ours and the seven dreaded lights came back on.So we know it`s something in our printhead.Hate to throw the printer out,still determine to get this darn thing working.Ordered a service manual off e-bay so maybe something will click.