Canon i560 printing problem

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have tested the power supply in a friends printer now and it works.
So the power supply is fine. My printer switches on for 2 seconds then off, what can cause this now ?

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
It may be your print head that is broken. Remove the print head then try to turn on the power. If the power stays on it t is the print head that has something wrong with it. A defective print head can cause power to be shut off by the printer.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will try that, but I guess I will have to remove the cover as it sits to one side and you cannot get to it.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You have a printer that is sitting on its side? That's not good. You must mean something else. All you have to do is open the cover that allows you to change cartridges. After the carriage moves to the center, remove the cartridges and then lift on the grey (I think) lever on the right side of the carriage and then pull the black (I think) tab on the right and pull the print head out and up. Put the grey lever back down so that it doesn't get smashed when the carriage moves back to the right.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I said the print head sits under the cover on the right. You cannot remove the ink if the power does not turn on.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I have solved one thing. I now have to buy a new printer.
The damn print head melted into the purge section. All the plastic melted even the head carrier.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
That's an absolute bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Is there anything you learned that can help others avoid the same fate?

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes there is. Do not leave your printer power on. Switch the power off at the wall socket.
This printer was off, but the wall socket was on all the time and some how the thing overheated. I was just glad that it did not catch alight.