Canon i560 printing problem

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all you experts

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get some good advice.
My Canon i560 was flashing orange and that proved to be the ink tank full.
I followed the procedures on the web to reset it and now the printer just prints stripes across the page. I have tried the print head in a friends printer and it prints fine. I have gone through all the steps to reset eprom. When I print a picture the colores print, but the picture has large spaces between each printed line.

What can I do ? :(

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you print a page a text, are some of the lines readable or are they broken up into segments?

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The lines are not readable as it prints half lines and then a gap of say two lines

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
lunnmj said:
I have tried the print head in a friends printer and it prints fine. I have gone through all the steps to reset eprom. (
I think your purge system is not working. Since your print head works in your friend's printer.

The purge system is used to suck ink out of the cartridges through the nozzles. If the purge system is not working, air may be trapped inside the nozzles to prevent ink going through the nozzles.

The purge system is on the right hand side of your printer. The printer parks the print head over it. On top of the purge system, there are two pads - one for the colors and one for the black. Flood these two purge pads with Windex or water. Close the cover and wait until the noise stops. Open the cover again. Is the Windex or water still on the pads? Your purge system is not working if liquid did not go away. Report back with your finding for next instruction.

Please upload the nozzle check for diagnostics.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

If the head with the ink cartridges works in a friends printer how can I have air trapped in the nozzles or does it purge every time it prints a line ?
Where do I upload the nozzle check for diagnostics ?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
lunnmj said:
Thanks for your help

If the head with the ink cartridges works in a friends printer how can I have air trapped in the nozzles or does it purge every time it prints a line ?
Where do I upload the nozzle check for diagnostics ?
As soon as you take out ink cartridges, air will be introduced in the nozzles. This is the reason why the printer always do a cleaning cycle after removal/installation of print head AND/OR ink cartridge(s).

Use the upload function on the menu bas of this forum. After upload, it will give you a link. Copy the link and paste it on your post.

Have you done the purge system test? This is important.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do I have to strip the printer cover off as the head parks to the right under the cover ?
Do I run a nozzle check under printer maintenance ? But how do I get a soft copy to attach ? Sorry I do not know much about this.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I wanted to try the purge system test and now the printer won't even switch on !!!!!!!!!
Have had this problem before, why, what can cause this the last time I tried the power supply in a friends printer and it worked then it worked in mine.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Check the power cable on your printer. Push in tight and report back.

lunnmj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good day

The power cable is fine I even opened it and measured I get the AC right through to the DC side. Now and again the green lamp glows for a second on the printer then goes off. The printer was switching on in the study then when I carried it to the kitchen to put in the water it would not switch on.
I have had this happen before then I remove the power supply, take it to my friends house test it there and bring it back then it worked again.
I will do that again.
To me it looks like the printer gets power from the supply and it must send back a signal to switch it on to all outputs. Is this how it works, I could be wrong. It is a switch mode supply. I am an electrician so I do know about power, but not the way the printer controlls it.

Thanks