Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Is UK still part of Western Europe ? ;-)

Only sold online directly from Canon in Western Europe:

store.canon.co.uk

Have not seen any article showing print quality. Might be good for photos up to A4 because they support borderless, but:

CISS printer for users with high page count requirements and no duplexer. *WTF*. That so far eliminated the printers for me.

German article about those printers:
https://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3802&t=news_canon_pixma_g1500_g2500_g3500_und_g4500

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Very interesting. Too bad that the black is not useable on borderless prints. Otherwise it might have been a good A4 CISS printer choice with pigment inks.

phl1365

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G7020
I'm about to receive a Canon G7020 4-in-1 printer next week. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post my impressions here.

Won't be doing much photo printing. I'm primarily trying to lower my ink costs since my schoolteacher wife prints A LOT of stuff. Also hoping that nozzle cleaning will become less frequently required.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Would appreciate your thoughts on the printer. :thumbsup

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I only had a rather brief encounter with a G1400 some time ago,
www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-g1400-some-tests.11817/#post-100525
my prime interest was the fading performance of the inks - whether they come close to the Chromalife inks - they don't. I transferred that unit soon after those tests to a relative, it is still printing, the 2nd set of ink bottles are filled in so it does not run on a high usage rate overall. I don't hear much about it, the unit is doing its job - scanning and printing as needed.
And I don't have any view of or experience with any other of the slowly growing family of G-series Megatank printers at this time, they come with an additional range of features - automatic sheet feeder, fax etc , all still run with 4 inks as I know which limits their use for photo prints since a photoblack is not available.
So I don't have any experience with the durability of the printhead itself, whether it suffers as well under B200 like problems or not - I don't know.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I only had a rather brief encounter with a G1400 some time ago
What I had recalled about your post years ago was that archival quality was poor compared to other Canon inks. It was one reason why I purchased a Maxify instead of a Canon tank printer at that time.

Any Epson tank printer experience? I was hoping to hear your opinion. :(

Found a fun article on Total Cost of Ownership comparing an Epson EcoTank, an HP, and a Canon Maxify:

https://www.ldproducts.com/blog/is-the-epson-ecotank-really-worth-the-money/

Latest posts