Canon Cli-8 Office Depot Cartridges Info..they're great for 2 reasons.

brokenjack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My apologies if this info is already out there, couldn't find it search.

I just got a refill kit for my Canon ip4200, which uses cli-8 and pgi-5 cartridges. I also bought a chip resetter. I had been using Office Depot refills for a while and decided to go the refill route.

Well to my pleasant surprise, the Office Depot cartridges seem to reset just fine, so they must be Canon cartridges. Also one of the boons of the Office Depot cartridge, is that they come with a removable, reusable clip that seals up the bottom hole. Anyway just thought I'd pass along the info.

-Hal

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi,

Frying french fries in lard or tallow will give the most flavourful and crispy pommes frites. Unfortunately it is really bad for your cholesterol......

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
*Sarcastic* tone towards Brokenjack..... O**ce D***pot......hmmm. What should I think ?

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
*Sarcastic* tone towards Brokenjack..... O**ce D***pot......hmmm. What should I think ?
Miss what you are getting at - Office Depot is a large chain of stationery stores here in the US. Their CLI-8 cartridges are probably just one of the chipped compatibles.

brokenjack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think he thinks, I work or sell for Office Depot. Quit listening to Coast to Coast AM. There is no conspiracy.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Ok, guys, Pharmacies knows a lot about good and bad ink and ink cartridges. I think he is saying he has doubt about those cartridges from Office Depot. Probably a lot of doubt and I tend to believe that too. Well, at least their prices are on the high side and those cartridges are very unlikely OEM.

brokenjack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You're probably right. They are probably garbage. Before I got into refilling, I used them, and never had any problems, and I print 1000's of CD/DVD labels and inserts for clients I do production work for. The point I was trying to make, for anyone who has these, or just got them to replace their OEM cartridges before deciding to refill their original OEMs that they might have thrown away, is that they can be reset and they have storage clips.

I'm not sure about Pharmacist comments. I'm sure he's the grand wizard of all that is refilling. Nobody is challenging that. Just come out with it man. No need for cryptic french fry references. We're all big people.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
brokenjack, most compatible cartridges are not on par with the quality of the originals, even if they offer some interesting features such as a larger ink compartment or a sealing clip.

This is pharmacist's point I think.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Panos,

you are right about it. The original Canon cartridges are far superior to and unrivaled by any 3rd party cartridges. Just my 2 cents...