Canon Chip Resetter Reports

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The carts dont gradually show ink usage. they will drop a bar once 25 % is used. then it will drop to half. then at 25% it will say cart low then empty after that.

Its not a gradual measurement, So you wont see it move for a while.

larrylwill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
since it was reset when almost empty, will it show low soon or do they have to be reset when full in order to work correctly?

than you

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I understand the programming of the original redsetter was a lengthy and costly process that was offered to us at a very good price. I immediately noticed the similarity between the blue resetter and the original.

I am not sure of who is the real designer-programmer of the original resetter. But if it is indeed Sudhaus and if their accusations of a blatant copy of their work is true, then the blue resetter manufacturers are definitely copycats.

I hope Nifty should take action if that was the case. Perhaps Sudhaus should make one or two official posts in this forum.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Gompy said:
Here is a very interesting article about the Red's and the Blue's.
Found it at www.druckerchannel.de
Here the original German article:

http://tinyurl.com/5uozkc

and here the Google-translation:

http://tinyurl.com/5bpemx
Very interesting.

It would seem from the Google translation link of the Druckerchannel article that the BLUE resetters are not OEM Redsetters.

So, is the blue chip resetter sold by Mapsy on this forum (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=20570#p20570) OEM or a Chinese rip?

Gompy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
It would seem from the Google translation link of the Druckerchannel article that the BLUE resetters are not OEM Redsetters.

So, is the blue chip resetter sold by Mapsy on this forum (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=20570#p20570) OEM or a Chinese rip?
Don't know.

My thoughts on this is that they come all out of the same Chinese factory.
The German company discovered how to reset the chips on the OEM carts electronically.
They made a deal with a Chinese factory about the red one and released it.
The Chinese factory made a physically other design, but on almost the same electronical way, and placed it on the market as their own design.
The last, physical equal 2 resetters? Don't know, maybe prototypes...
But it's all guessing, it's just my fantasy.

Gompy

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Froggy said:
Externally, the BlueSetter (I claim copyright and Royalties for that name, worldwide forever etc, paid in donuts) is different to the Redsetter, and appears, at least in the two available youtube videos, to behave in the same way, short flash, then continous red.
I bought an RKS Redsetter from Michele (see Michele's postings on this forum) about a month and a half ago and had some problems after a few resets. Either the battery went dead or the circuit board burnt out. I don't have the correct meters to make this determination. The important thing is that it ceased to function.

RKS, through Michele, offers a two year warranty, so I emailed Michele and returned the unit. Today I received the BlueSetter (Oppppps! Now do I owe Froggy a royalty? - See above) as a replacement. Seems, as stated by Michele in a previous post to this thread, that the BlueSetter is an improvement to the RedSetter and was developed by RKS, not a copy knockoff by the Chinese. Also, according to Michele, Sudhaus does not produce the RedSetters, but is merely a European distributor of the RKS product.

It's good to see that my two year warranty was honored by Michele and with exceptionally good and quick service. If anyone out there presently has a RedSetter and is starting to have a problem, I would recommend that you contact your vendor and request a BlueSetter replacement. If the vendor refuses to do so, you may be dealing with an unauthorized dealer.

I just reset my PGI5 cartridge with the BlueSetter, and it went without a hitch. Hope RKS has worked out all the bugs, and I can look forward to many more resets.

Binkie

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The PCB is completely different on the blue one to the red. The PCB is a totally different layout(path), the IC chip is in a slightly different spot, and is thermally sealed. not an exact copy IMO, but similar.