Canon Chip Resetter Reports

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Externally, the BlueSetter (I claim copyright and Royalties for that name, worldwide forever etc, paid in donuts) is different to the Redsetter, and appears, at least in the two available youtube videos, to behave in the same way, short flash, then continous red.

Now I don't know where exactly the Redsetter is made, so this could either be another version of the same, or a different product from a different manufacturer, possibly cloned or reverse engineered.

Would be interesting to see a comparison of the innards, just to see if they are identical, or are put together differently.

I'm not well versed in manufacturing, but I believe that having units that are assembled with screws cost more to make than those that simply snap together.

The plot thickens, but competition is always good.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Gompy said:
Yes it is different, there is no switch on it as far as I can see.

On the RedSetter that I bought (end of May) there is a switch right above the four pins
Same here Gompy, I didn't notice that, so that's evidence of simplification. I'm waiting for Brendo's report on it. But if it works, then who's worried!

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Gompy wrote:
Yes it is different, there is no switch on it as far as I can see.

On the RedSetter that I bought (end of May) there is a switch right above the four pins
Just had a look at my Redsetter (one of the first ones) , yes it has a black rocker switch as well (never really noticed it before) , presume it activates the circuit when a cart is pressed against it.
Which invites the question is the Blue an improvement or is it Mark 1 and the Redsetter was Mark 2 ?........no matter I suppose , as long as they both work.

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all, just popped in after getting my website updated with the new blue resetters. We have them in stock and my deal still holds for all forum members. $53.50 includes free first class shipping in the usa. you do have to write back though, I only offer that price here.
I am running a sale on my website at $57 + shipping, so I will always offer forum members the best price I can afford.

I noticed a question about both the blue and red resetters. The red ones and the blue ones were both patented by RKS in Germany. I believe they have them manufactured in Asia, I should ask. At any rate, it seems there are some unscrupulous people getting them who are not affiliated with RKS Technik, so they do not offer the 2 year warranty that RKS has. We of course do offer it.

Here are some pictures of the new blue resetter, from my website

Resetter2A%20copy.jpg

RKSResetter2cli8m.jpg

RKSResetter2AInside.jpg

Sorry, I did not know how to make these smaller :(

There are 4 major differences:

1) The new blue resetter has four screws in the bottom plate so you can remove it and replace the battery when necessary.

2) They found that some of the old red resetter circuit boards were running hot, and burned out after so many resets, so they redesigned the whole circuit board to correct the issue.

3) The red one has the activating pressure point on the angle, so you had to hold the ink cartridge very tightly to make perfect contact with the pins. They changed the design by placing a contact button right next to the pins so when you place your ink cartridge in the resetter, it is much easier to get the contact.

4)
Previously the adapter for the cli-8 cartridges only sat in place, and if you did not hold the unit correctly, it could slip. In the new units, the adapter now has two bars that go into two holes in the resetter, thus the adapter is held in place and it cannot slip out at all. Overall a much better design.

RKS Technik is the German Company who developed this technology, and holds the patent. I am their exclusive distributor in the USA, we are the only ones who offer a 2 year replacement warranty to assure if there any new issues, you will be protected.

Best to everyone here at the forum - I am searching for the best ink to add to our site, I will post you when it happens and if we can offer a better deal we will.

Michele
http://www.inkjetreset.com

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ha ha mines better then yours!

Sorry could resist!

Im looking forward to getting mine and trying it out. It should be here in Wed ( Aussie time). Ill give it a go right away and report in as soon as it arrives.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
3 battery design is smarter than 1? I don't think so.

larrylwill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I bought a red resetter from Germany and got it today. I reset the carts in my mp500, one cart was almost empty about 1/8" ink left.
All carts showed full. I turned printer off/on, they still show full. When will that cart show a different reading other than full?
What ink levels will show as the cart gets used after its been reset.

thanks