Canon Chip Resetter Reports

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I didn't order from eBay, I ordered directly from their site.

I was looking at a resetter on eBay but it came with ink and I didn't need/want ink so I dropped them a note and asked if they could sell just the resetter without ink. They responded with just a link -
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/language/en/cat/c13943_Chip-Redsetter.html

I followed the link (it's not an eBay link, it takes you to their website in Germany) and found where they offered just the resetter. It was EU19.29 but did not include shipping. I didn't get a shipping cost till about half way through and it ended up being EU12.90 which is also what they charged on eBay to ship a resetter and ink. I dunno what the EU1.15 "FEE" is for as it never really said, but I'm assuming it's because I used PayPal.

Interesingly enough I just followed the link to make sure it was still good and when I got to the resetter I noticed there's three dots for stock level and it's now on the bottom dot . . . and the price is up to EU22.95. I wonder if the price goes up as the stock goes down?

I'll post back when it gets here - if you have any more questions just ask!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
SLR_65

You saved $3.60 on the cost of the resetter. Nice!

I could have sworn the price has been 22.95 Euro's for a while. :(

Regardless, your shipping price (to the USA I presume) is one third less expensive than what the site lists when you click on "shipping costs", which is why your post was confusing to me.

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, it was 19.29 plus the 1.15 fee so it was really EU20.44, but who's to quabble over a buck and half or so? :)

You're right - I just checked the site and hit their shipping tab and it says it's EU32 to the US! Good thing I didn't hit that before I ordered or I would've been scared off!

if I recall correctly, you could setup an account or you could just order without setting up an account. I ordered without setting up an account. About half way through it gave the shipping of EU12.90. I figured I could back out at anytime before completing the order so I just filled it out and figured the shipping would show up eventually, which it did. I would suggest you give that a shot - you have nothing to lose. I'm sure it wasn't a special deal for me so I'm sure you'll get the same better shipping rate too . . . if you try it post back!

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, I just gave it a shot with bogus info - I just wanted to go through the process to get the shipping and stuff before backing out.

*) When you hit "check out" just scroll down a bit and there's a "visitor order" link that will let you order without setting up an account.

*) The shipping was again EU12.90.

*) The web page shows EU22.95, but when I put it in my basket and went to check out it showed as EU19.29! :)

Someone else give it a shot, preferably somebody actually ordering so they go all the way through the process, and post back your results . . . inquiring minds need to know! :D

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
guys,

found this http://www.jettec.com.au/ ( bought stuff from jet tec before and have been very impressed)

Anyways they have the redsetter listed on their site... No price or anything so Ive just emailed them. Will report back with details as soon as I get a reply!

btw, Its under the "whats new" section of the website.

UPDATE:

I just heard from them. The Red setter is available in aussie from this supplier: http://www.acxpress.com.au/shop.php?product=762
Cost is 55 Australian dollars with free postage. They currently only ship to Australia and NZ but they are thinking about shipping worldwide. It says to email them if you are interested in worldwide shipping and they will see what they can do.

I would also be willing to purchase this for members of the site and that way you could choose your own shipping option and it would also be the cheapest.

I think I will be getting this so ill report back in when i make up my mind.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Cool... glad you guys found a solution... Saves me some work :)

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi Here is an update. I finally joined everyone and own one of this expensive 'Red little plastic'. Initally wanted to wait for the market price to drop further. But just can't wait anymore so I ordered from the Chinese seller which I posted at #91. It looks exactly like the same one (identical color) in Smile's thread. I had reset 6 of cartridges so far and everything resetted just fine. Below is a picture of the resetter I received. If you want to purchase from the Chinese seller, you can message me or mrelmo for the contact as I don't want to sound like spamming. However, I understand from SLR_65 that the Euro site is selling slightly cheaper lesser and from brendo1988 that it cost the same price in Australia as the chinese seller. I think those are good alternatives as well.

2740_canonresetter.jpg

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ok i have also ordered from the chinese company on 8-6, i used paypal at $57.20 US dollars, lin said shipping was very prompt so i am hoping that i will be resetting very soon

Defiance

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hiya's,

Searched everywhere for info on refilling my canon pixma ip4300

Found this site and plenty of info :)

I've ordered the chip resetter above with some inks from germany

To the UK from germany it was just over 35

Hopefully it will be as easy to use as other resetters i've had

Will post back how it works (instructions etc included, but never refilled one of the CLI-8 carts so will search here now)

Def

Defiance

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Back Again,

After a weird kind of day (someone signed for the delivery without me knowing, ended up actually getting hold of 2hrs ago)

I first tried to reset my low red and blue before refilling

I had a low warning on the red but blue wasn't showing a warning but was near to it

So i reset them both and put them back in the printer, All was well :) , Did this to check before i shot a load of inks into the carts

Refilled both according the german/english instructions included, Very simple to do and again worked fine

I did forget just how messy printer ink can be lol, Didn't use gloves like a fool and now hands have a nice shade of pink on them

Totally amazed at the setter (was with my old epson resetter too) and the ink from what i've quickly tested

Found out since the same resetter and inks are available from the UK (where i live) but i had already ordered from germany ;)

This is deffo going to be a big hit with refillers

As previously said, The packaging could of been better but all that was included was in 100% fine condition

Like other resetters this for me is a must and pretty cheap i think, Well worth the money to me and cannot fault it

Cheers

Def