Canon Chip Resetter Reports

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
yahoo it's here my resetter arrived on tuesday the 12th from hong kong via DHL, that's 7 days considering i ordered on the 6th that is pretty prompt delivery, and it works great it is the same one that lin posted the photo of. by the way does anyone know of a clip to place on the exit port as i have bought a set of cartridges on ebay to refill but they didn't have the factory clips with them

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
A piece of duct tape will make a good seal and will be easy to remove. Don't forget the vent as well.

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Black tape works well too and you can wrap it up and around and cover the vent too.

If you would like a little neater solution then I've found the storage clips for the BCI-6/3 cartridges work just fine. The cartridges don't sit exactly level in them, but pretty close and they seal up fine.

The ones I use can be had from:

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/bci6clip.html

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My resetter just arrived too!

I ordered mine on Tuesday August 5th at around 4pm CST and it just arrived. It was shipped via DHL but the US Mail delivered it (it required a signature).

Mine was delivered in a small, sturdy box with plenty of packing - I wouldn't worry about shipping damage at all when ordering from R&B.

I just reset my cartridges and it worked flawlessly! :)

Sooo, mine cost $52.90 US dollars delivered ($33.34EU) and took 8 days for delivery (I dunno all the time differences, I suspect if I would've ordered earlier on Tuesday it would've made it here in a week) - that makes it about $4 cheaper than the Chinese one and about the same delivery time.

One note - I had to ask for a price on the Chinese one when using the link posted earlier. I got a reply from a lady named Rachel within a day. By then I'd found the one from R&B was cheaper and I knew it would work so I had ordered it so I didn't reply any further. I got a very nice note from Rachel the other day asking if I'd gotten her email, if I had any questions, and if I would like to order one. I really liked that! It shows that the company values their small customers -> something you don't see much any more! I told her I had already ordered one from another company that was a smidge cheaper and suggested they sharpen their pencil for others inquiring but I haven't received a reply (and don't expect one).

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had an odd thing happen . . . I reset the cartridges and all was well. I shut the printer off and turned it back on and checked the cartridges - the PGI5 (text) black ink was blinking when I opened the service cover but the ink level monitor showed it as full? Interesting. I reset the chip again and it then showed a steady light. I shut it down and tried again and this time it still shows a steady light. Strange, huh?

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion! Yes! RNB.

Here's a link:
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/language/en/cat/c13943_Chip-Redsetter.html

I've reset the cartridges in three printers so far and their spare sets, so so far I've reset 30 cartridges with no issues. Well there was one, the one text black blinking light issue, but I reset it again and it's behaving now. It was showing the cartridge as being full on the ink level monitor in the ink information page though. Whatever, it's working fine now!

I've always been happy with my ip4200, but I'm REALLY happy now! :D

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone got any knowledge or predictions as to when the RedSetter might be available here in the USA?

Binkie

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just click on the link for RNB and pay by paypal, or drop a note to the Chinese company and pay by paypal - either way in about a week you'll be resetting cartridges to your heart's content! :)

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SLR_65 said:
Just click on the link for RNB and pay by paypal, or drop a note to the Chinese company and pay by paypal - either way in about a week you'll be resetting cartridges to your heart's content! :)
I know I can order the RedSetter from over seas. I was hoping that some companies in the U.S. would carry the RedSetter, so we could get some decent postal rates and easier customer service if there is a problem with the unit.

Binkie