Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Shall we do a comparison?

First, A uk beach
camber7.jpg

now, Australian Beach

Heron_Island_Beach.jpg

Nuff said;)

But if you are coming over here, I would really suggest sticking to the east coast, Namely townsville areas (great barrier reef) and down to the Ballina area (Northern Rivers)

steer clear of the capital cities!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
headphonesman said:
I can recommend Ozt to Websnail for his honeymoon....if he takes half a dozen Redsetters to sell there it will pay for the trip , I would think.
Believe me, Mrs (to be) WebSnail is more than happy with the idea of Australia and I wish I'd thought of the funding potential there... Darn it... Opportunity missed... Ah well, small cottage in France with a swimming pool to ourselves and nobody for miles... I think we'll manage :)

15 to 20 dollars for postage is very reasonable. I've heard that UK post is terrible in treating packages. I buy all sorts of stuff online within aussie( dvd's cases, ink etc) and Ive never had one misshap :) and its always here within 2 days via regualar post, express post its here overnight.
You are absolutely right about the UK post..........I just bought 5 empty CLI 8`s on e-bay.........the envelope turned up with an open flap and only 4 carts remaining.......they were loose within the envelope ...true ...but how come only one went missing?
Yeah... t'is just ridiculous how bad some packages get mauled while others come in looking pristine... Ah well..

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
How is the Sudhaus ink?

I currently use Hobbi Colors ink and have been very pleased so I'm hard pressed to want to try new ink.

However . . . I would like the ink monitor to work again so I would like a chip resetter (I have an ip4200 and so does my son and my mother so it seems like I'm always checking ink for someone!). The Chinese company quoted earlier in the thread is $57 total with shipping for just the resetter and is currently an unkown until someone tries one (though I'm sure it's the same item as the rest). The Sudhaus one has been tried though and is available on eBay for $73 shipped. It also comes with ink, but the ink quantity is half the amount of the smallest kit Hobbi Colors sells. The small Hobbi Color ink kit costs $24 shipped, so I figure the ink that comes with the Sudhaus kit is worth $12. $57 plus $12 is $69. They want $73, so I'm paying $4 more for the Sudhaus kit, but their resetter has been tested by forum members and so far everyone is happy. Also, the Sudhaus kit apparently comes in a box which may fair better in shipping.

Sooo, I'm leaning towards a Sudhaus kit, but the variable is the ink . . . if the ink is good then it looks like a good enough buy, but if the ink isn't good then I'll keep looking, sooooo how is the ink? Has anyone tried it who cares to share their opinion?

Thanks!!!

Steve

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
SLR_65 said:
The Sudhaus one has been tried though and is available on eBay for $73 shipped. It also comes with ink, Also, the Sudhaus kit apparently comes in a box which may fair better in shipping.

Sooo, I'm leaning towards a Sudhaus kit, but the variable is the ink . . . who cares to share their opinion?

Thanks!!!

Steve
I could be wrong here, but my understanding of the Sudhaus catalogue shows the Redsetter available by itself for 22.95 Euros , plus 32.00Euros shipping to USA total 54.95 Euros. = $85 US using my currency converter......
I considered going for the redsetter plus ink but as i was purchasing jointly with my son (who swears by Hobbicolors) , we just went for the Redsetter , I purchased some Hobbicolors ink later. The box the Redsetter came in for its journey to the UK was very adequate , its a very light item.
The navigation to the entry of the "solo " Redsetter is a bit tortuous....
Hope this info helps , apologies if my conversion sums are wrong............

http://www.patronenhandel.de/produc...Chip-Redsetter-for-Canon-CLI-8-and-PGI-5.html

PS have just looked again at the entries again and notice that there is a Red Spot (instead of Green) against the Stock Position for some of the Redsetter options.

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi headphonesman,

The prices I gave were in US dollars, so the resetter plus the ink for the Sudhaus unit from the eBay seller is $12 cheaper than ordering just the resetter from Sudhaus direct.

I'm thrifty so I'd probably order from the eBay vendor even if I had to throw the ink away, but since I paid for the ink I'd like to use it if it were of comparable quality to the HobbiColors ink.

If the ink isn't of good quality then I may look at ordering one of the Chinese resetters as I'm pretty sure it's probably the same thing, I'd bet dimes to donuts they red battery powered ones are coming out of the same factory. I'm not in a huge hurry and someone earlier in the thread said he was going to order a Chinese one a couple days ago so I may wait to see what he reports back. I'm an impatient type though, so if the Sudhaus was good quality ink then the Chinese one isn't really much cheaper so I'd just order the Sudhaus one.

It all boils down to the ink . . .

THANKS for your input - I hope your Sudhaus resetter is working well for ya!

Steve

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Right... Got word back that they have no intention of shipping to anywhere outside UK, Germany and Austria yet.

I'll PM from here on out, once I have anything further to report, because it's getting too much like spam now..

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Websnail,

I'm a bit lost, are you saying the people at:
http://shop.ink.co.uk/shop/product/cati amp;refid=

wont export outside of the UK, Germany, and Austria?

If so, I wonder why? You'd think the US, Canada, etc. would be a HUGE market for them . . . I'm wondering if they are worried about some legal issues?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
SLR_65 said:
Websnail,

I'm a bit lost, are you saying the people at:
http://shop.ink.co.uk/shop/product/cati amp;refid=

wont export outside of the UK, Germany, and Austria?
The key word here is "yet"... I think it's because their product base is rather large and they just don't have anything in place for a one-off product like the resetter... Besides I could see them being rather wary of the returns issues and costs involved.

If so, I wonder why? You'd think the US, Canada, etc. would be a HUGE market for them . . . I'm wondering if they are worried about some legal issues?
Probably more as I said, returns, potential legal and just the nightmare of shipping in general...

SLR_65

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just ordered a resetter . . . I dropped a note to the eBay vendor and asked if they sold just the resetter without the ink. They sent me a brief note back - brief, it just had the following link:
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/language/en/cat/c13943_Chip-Redsetter.html

It was 19.29 EU, there was a 1.15 EU Fee (for what I dunno, probably PayPal?), and 12.90 EU for shipping. Grand total was 33.34 EU which translated to $52.90 US dollars. So, about $5 cheaper than the Chinese one and it's one others have tested to work fine. And I don't have any ink of unknown quality! I'm a happy camper! :)

I'll post back when it arrives so others know a general shipping time and stuff.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
SLR_65 said:
I just ordered a resetter . . . I dropped a note to the eBay vendor and asked if they sold just the resetter without the ink. They sent me a brief note back - brief, it just had the following link:
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/language/en/cat/c13943_Chip-Redsetter.html

It was 19.29 EU, there was a 1.15 EU Fee (for what I dunno, probably PayPal?), and 12.90 EU for shipping. Grand total was 33.34 EU which translated to $52.90 US dollars. So, about $5 cheaper than the Chinese one and it's one others have tested to work fine. And I don't have any ink of unknown quality! I'm a happy camper! :)

I'll post back when it arrives so others know a general shipping time and stuff.
What the eBay site you ordered from. Your total cost listed is significantly lower than any other eBay seller that i see on the US eBay site when searching for "Canon resetter" or Redsetter".