Canon 7D Mk II

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Thanks Emulator, that’s exactly what I can see now, but I originally shot the Pic because of that tree.
It’s just another simple way of increasing our own carbon foot print.. :(

We are seeing the same things......in the name of PROGRESS!......upwards of 1200 old growth gums were recently bulldozed to widen a road by half a lane.......the trees were 20+m from the edge of the " new " road side..........out here its OK to have massive Gums hanging over our only way out....if a bushfire comes we negotiate 9miles of Gum canopy, and trees within 3m of the road out....but thats ok :he:he:th

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Emulator,

9.30pm Eastern here in North America. Guess all the boys and girls in Euroland are fast asleep. Anyway back to the Canon 7Dii Autofocus Tracking subject.

Firstly you can definitely activate it through the viewfinder. You are certainly not limited to the live view mode, which would defeat the object of tracking fast moving subject on an erratic trajectory.

Regrettably I am having trouble finding some of my earlier notes on the subject that I had I had saved as PDF files for occasions just like this :eek:

However couple of youtube videos that may find helpful are at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u466WL71J1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpFezdEC4d4

In both cases the subject you are looking for is towards the end. They start with the simple stuff first.

There is also a wealth of information on the subject on youtube, with the usual caveat that this is the internet, so verify that the source you select actually has a passing knowledge of the subject being discussed, and is not just another blowhard wannabe windbag.

Hope this is of some use.

rs

Hi Roy,

I have played those videos through a number of times, the speed with which the presenter goes through the camera menu settings is much too high for those unfamiliar with those particular settings. I found I had to use the pause button to catch individual screens and examine them in detail.

However I'm gradually picking up his suggestions and as you say, there clearly are some quite sophisticated options for full viewfinder focus tracking.

But still much to learn!

Emu

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Nice night for a moon photo here.

UK 1902hrs 24/12/2015

Canon 7D Mk2, hand held, Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM set at 200mm, ISO1000, f18, 1/400sec.

Moon 24-12-15.JPG

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the moon at Christmas eve - Emulator's photo should qualify for the next POW (although I'm missing Santa on his way back, I can't see him on the picture - o.k. - he may not be finished yet here in Europe with his job) I'll check later - or not - it's raining outside - no moon at all at this time...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
a full moon at Dec 24 happened the last time in 1977, and will occur again in 2034, so this is indeed a pretty unique shot of the moon

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
We are seeing the same things......in the name of PROGRESS!......upwards of 1200 old growth gums were recently bulldozed to widen a road by half a lane.......the trees were 20+m from the edge of the " new " road side..........out here its OK to have massive Gums hanging over our only way out....if a bushfire comes we negotiate 9miles of Gum canopy, and trees within 3m of the road out....but thats ok :he:he:th

I see you have had some much needed rain, hope this has helped reduce the fire risk.

Mean while have a laugh:- https://www.youtube.com/user/klaatu42

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I see you have had some much needed rain, hope this has helped reduce the fire risk.

Mean while have a laugh:- https://www.youtube.com/user/klaatu42

:thumbsup

The weather Gods have been with us over the last week or so, thanks for asking, tho not far from us 116 homes have been lost in one relatively small community along our most popular coastal strip.

Entire streets of houses are just piles of roofing iron and ash. Fortune smiled on them in that no lives were lost, but now all they have is what they stand in as they only got half an hour to pack and run. Like us these homes are on bush tracks, dirt roads. Pets and livestock losses have been heavy.

Beautiful picture of one refuge centre shows an exhausted person asleep on a camp stretcher and either side wives or daughters sitting holding onto the lead rope of a horse each, and in the background dogs and cats, all piled into a Country Hall, all shellshocked, and oblivious to the scene this creates............its survival, and no Aussie there giving a thought to sharing sleeping / eating space with horses or whatever........in a sense uplifting that we still have not lost the capacity for compassion for all living things.........they are all lives regardless of the outer raiment.

Our home water storage tanks had become quite low and the rain we got refilled to overflowing overnight.

Cheers, appreciate the thought greatly

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I got the moon , finally, 5 days after Dec 24, and not full anymore
Moon Dec. 29-2015.jpg
so I'll have to wait till 2034........ and ooops - I took the picture with a Nikon and posted it
here in a Canon 7D thread - I hope 2016 will run better

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It just goes to show the differences in the cameras and of course the person behind them, you guys snap the moon, and I get a flash light in the dark..:hit