Brother pipes for refilling

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Did you ask about those pipes? what did he say?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
PeterBJ said:
First off, that video was AWESOME!!! :lol:

Second: Maybe I'm just not familiar with these carts, but that process seems way complicated.

With that said, I REALLY applaud you for testing it out (especially if you didn't get ink all over like in that video) :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fregapani said:
Did you ask about those pipes? what did he say?
I have ordered a set for the brother called (The LC 61 Refill Kit) and paid 15 for it and will have it in about a week.

I just used that mail address and quoted the kit number choose the deliver method
paid with PayPay, it couldnt have being easier..

I may well end up with ink all over the place just like PeterBJs Video.. :ep :gig

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got an answer from that email.

Ill buy them and try with my next costumer

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
PeterBJ said:
First off, that video was AWESOME!!! :lol:

Second: Maybe I'm just not familiar with these carts, but that process seems way complicated.

With that said, I REALLY applaud you for testing it out (especially if you didn't get ink all over like in that video) :thumbsup
Thanks ..

I will try and will post here if is really trustful

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The video is not mine. It was one I found on Youtube. But I admit I have had a similar experience, on a smaller scale though. When that happened, I discovered the "Direct T-shirt inkjet printing method" using no printer :lol:

I recommend using Luer Lock syringes and needles instead of Luer Slip needles and syringes. I fill my Canon cartridges using the German method and Octoinkjet UK SqueasyFill bottles, and I wouldn't dare using these bottles with anything other than the supplied Luer Lock needles.

Compare the Brother refill video linked to in post #4 to the Canon refill video linked to in post #9. The Brother refill looks as easy as refueling a car, the Canon refill is much more cumbersome. The difference is caused by the lack of a suitable adapter for the Canon cartridge in my opinion. So I think the system might be well suited for the Brother cartridges, less so for the Canon cartridges.

Depending on how you operate this refill system, you can create both positive and negative pressure. I don't know the inner workings of the Brother cartridges, so better study the instructions carefully before use and please report results, if you buy this system.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fregapani said:
I got an answer from that email.

Ill buy them and try with my next costumer
I got delivery of this kit yesterday and tried it out on the Canon ink tanks but got nowhere with it, a complete bummer.:barnie

Not put off by my first attempts I will try using it again later when I get more time to study it a bit better,
all in all its not a bad little kit and it probably will work better on the Brother cartridge than it does on my Canon cart..

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got them on the mail and just tried.

They work perfect with the Brother LC51 Series.. I really happy that i wont need to needle the cartridge anymore

:)

Just if someone else try it be careful with overfilling. It can be a mess..