Brother pipes for refilling

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've been looking in every single site to find those pipes for refilling that would make a lot easier to refill brother cartridges

Cant post the link for the video so just youtube

Refill Brother LC10-51-57-960-1000-37-970 Ink Tank

If someone know where can I buy those please reply.. Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fregapani said:
I've been looking in every single site to find those pipes for refilling that would make a lot easier to refill brother cartridges

Cant post the link for the video so just youtube

Refill Brother LC10-51-57-960-1000-37-970 Ink Tank

If someone know where can I buy those please reply.. Thanks
Why dont you just send refillhouse an email requesting the refiller and tubing?..:)

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried that still waiting for an answer.

The web site was confusing cuz was in Japanese but i found a way to translate ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I notice that they have a Silicon plug too! Must be some sort of brand name, because a silicon plug would never work. On the other hand, it is written in Chinglish. That's because it's from Taiwan. If I had a Brother, I'd buy this. I don't have a brother either, but that's beside the point.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ThrillaMozilla said:
I notice that they have a Silicon plug too! Must be some sort of brand name, because a silicon plug would never work. On the other hand, it is written in Chinglish. That's because it's from Taiwan. If I had a Brother, I'd buy this. I don't have a brother either, but that's beside the point.
Its funny you should say that because I am interested in getting one of these refill kits myself.

I dont have a brother printer either but it sure looks good and worth the gamble as
I have something different in mind for it and will put it to some good use.. :)

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Interesting concept. I think I'll stick with the squeeze bottles though.

I'm sure that gigigogu could make a refilling jig for it similar to his storage devices.

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think the refill system is like this:

8054_brother_refill.jpg

IMHO it only saves the trouble of washing the syringe after refill.

msmart said:
... I'm sure that gigigogu could make a refilling jig for it... .
Probably, but I cannot use it on my Canon carts. Maybe The Hat can use something similar for PGI-9 / 29 carts...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
gigigogu wrote:

Probably, but I cannot use it on my Canon carts. Maybe The Hat can use something similar for PGI-9 / 29 carts...
Actually you can. I found this you tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Qpsvw8QcM and being inspired by your nice drawing, I decided to give the method a try with compatible CLI-8 cartridges. No reason to use OEM cartridges for initial tests with a new and unknown system. So I quickly made this, click to enlarge:

I found out it is a vacuum fill system, much like ghwellsjr's freedom refill method, or in this case a hybrid of freedom refill and top filling. It works, and replacing the 20 ml syringe with a 50 ml syringe improves the method. You can also use one of octoinkjet's storage clips and insert a needle and do something more like a traditional freedom refill.

The method works, but the freedom method works better. The glass container adds unnecessary complexity and dead space to the system, and when more ink is used, more dead space is added. If you want to use the system as shown in the video, you will have to replace the sealing plastic ball with a silicone plug to pierce the needle through to make an airtight connection, or maybe a suitable adapter can be made.

In my opinion this system is no improvement over the freedom refill method or traditional German or top fill methods. I also think The Hat's PGI-9/29 refiller is simple and very elegant, needing no improvement, and I doubt that this system will bring any improvement, except maybe by looking very technical.

This system is not quite useless IMO, if you leave the vent and outlet open and pressurize the glass container with the syringe, it can be used as a cartridge flusher. But a freedom refill adapter allows you to flush a cartridge without removing the sealing ball, which I think is much better.

Finally: when testing new and unknown refill methods, it is a good idea to use water and flushed cartridges, to avoid disasters like this :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxkMBpf9YGg

Fregapani

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Still didnt get any answer from them.. :/