Blue-ish color tint - Pro-100 and PC inks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I checked that all of the cartridges were in the correct locations and they are. Of course, it's possible that I topped up one of the cartridges with the wrong ink... but I don't think I will have done that - I have been very careful. But hard to tell, right?

I think the PC cartridge contains some C ink or less likely the C ink was diluted by adding PC ink to the C cartridge. I think C was added to the PC cartridge, as the C, M and PM stripes appear to have the same colour strength and PC is stronger. In the nozzle check print the C, PC, M and PM colour stripes should be the same colour strength or nearly so. But the colour is stronger in the PC stripe. See this thread about a similar problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@martincregg, a quick examination of your scan suggests to me that you have exactly the same colour Magenta in both blocks, so I reckon you have used the wrong ink in one of them.

I am not too sure if you have done a similar thing with the Cyan..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've been guilty of the very same thing!
Joe

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Oh boy! What a great learning moment . Assuming it is a problem with magenta cartridges, what's the best way to fix the problem?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Magenta is somewhat odd , but I think the PC spot appears to be more saturated than the regular Cyan C area as well, shouldn't it be the other way around with PC as the lighter color ?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The best and quickest way to solve this possible error and I must say that I will not spend days pondering what I did or may done.
I just start fresh.
In you case that would be a new fresh flushed cart/carts and fill again with the presumably correct type of C or M.

Joe

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
The best and quickest way to solve this possible error and I must say that I will not spend days pondering what I did or may done.
I just start fresh.
In you case that would be a new fresh flushed cart/carts and fill again with the presumably correct type of C or M.

Joe
I love your practicality, Joe . Do you think I need to do the black and grey ones though? I'm probably going to do what you suggest, I'm just curious.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@martincregg, I’ve had a better chance to study your nozzle print, and it looks like you have PM in the Magenta cart and have PC in your Cyan cart, so just flush both carts and refill, your Black and Grey look fine to me..

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
So, if I understand this correctly the PC and C should be the same color, shade, intensity, etc. as each other and the M and PM should be the same. Is that correct? Under a bright daylight balanced light PC seems more saturated than C, but M and PM look the same.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes, compare with the nozzle check posted by mikling in post #3 in this thread. How light or dark and saturated the colour stripes are depends on the scanner and settings, but compare C, PC, M and PM. To me they all appear to have the same colour strength or what you would prefer to call it. This is how it should be. Your more saturated PC suggests contamination with C. I suggest to empty the PC cartridge and flush and dry it and fill it again with PC ink.