Bit Quiet?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hm, thanks for reporting! I haven't seen any lags, but I'll dig in and keep an eye on things. Is it a lag all the time or maybe isolated to specific times of the day or even specific things being done (uploading pics, replying to posts, reading pages, etc?)

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Guys, as the forum is still under development (I think) it's a good idea to hit ctrl+F5 once in a while. If you don't you will not get the modifications to the site.
The forum is working well from my location. (France, win7, FF 17.0.11)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Tudor and Nifty,

As I have learned to trust you :), I have pressed Ctrl+F5 without checking what it means or where it is described!

The screen changed for a split second and returned to normal. Will everything now perform as it should? :ya

Regards Ian (UK, Win XP , (what's the FF 17.0.11 ??)) :idunno

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
At home with a 60Mbit/s internet connection and a new Core i5 computer, I have not experienced the site being sluggish, but when visiting family with a slower connection and many users sharing the connection and my laptop being busy downloading a windows update in the background I have noted some delay, but that was of course not caused by the nifty-stuff server.

I think FF 17.0.11 is the Firefox version used by Tudor. My version is 25.0.1

I googled "Crtl+F5", I think this explains the difference between F5 and Crtl+F5: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hm, thanks for reporting! I haven't seen any lags, but I'll dig in and keep an eye on things. Is it a lag all the time or maybe isolated to specific times of the day or even specific things being done (uploading pics, replying to posts, reading pages, etc?)

Mostly in my case it was replying to posts, in general most times it was just jerky and slow to refresh.

While I’m on moaning again, :mad:
the new editor is a royal pain also pagination and line length (Word wrap) is all over the place.

When you type something in the editor it turns our completely different in the final post.:barnie

You should also be able to go straight to preview and not have to use more options first. :caf

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
No, I am sorry to say, it did not change the response times. I am still get intermittently 10 or 20 second delays interspersed with normal quick response. Occasionally an attempted edit may just hang and require returning to "Recent Posts" and starting again.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ok, we'll keep looking into it! We're doing some server upgrades soon that will hopefully help!