Bit Quiet?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@The Hat @stratman @Nifty
Did that work? The last time I copied the name from the name block on the left, which does not seem to have worked, another mystery.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Did that work? The last time I copied the name from the name block on the left, which does not seem to have worked, another mystery.
When you do an @, the website software will popup a little window with member names that correspond to what you are typing - an auto suggestion from a list of known members. After you select a name from the list and post your post, when you hover your cursor over the @XXXXXX you will see it highlight and then when clicked on a popup screen with the Avatar and information of the person. In your posts, non of the @names listed had a reaction to hovering your cursor over them or being clickable. Try it again and select the name fromthe popup list.

In the meantime, here's one for you: @Emulator :frow

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Interesting finding -- The Hat's @ for Emulator yields a different result than my @ for Emulator when clicked on. The Hat also appears to have a hard line break between the @ and Emulator whereas mine does not, possibly resulting in the difference in results when clicking?

Will alert @Nifty for potential reason. (note to self --must not abuse @ !!)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The Hat, I got your email (thank you, so that worked) and have just read the new post from stratman. At the moment I am completely baffled, I will have to read it all again and have a think. Strickly Come Dancing is also about to start on TV, so I think that is going to cause a delay!!

Regards Emu

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
@stratman & @Emulator : I got both of your "tagged" notices in my alerts, thanks!

Perhaps number of viewings divided by number of years or number of months?
That's actually a great idea, but I don't have that level of granular control without someone going in and doing a bit of coding, but I'll put it on the list of ideas!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Did that work?

I'm not sure why, but those didn't work even though your earlier ones did. I know you have to have a space between them for the tag to be automatically coded. Maybe play around with it a little more and see if you can demarcate when it is and isn't working for you.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II

It looks as though we (north western Europe) are going to have quite a violent storm in the next 48 hours, with potential damage. The Hat is first in line. So if we disappear, stratman, you'll know why!

Nifty, I suppose dividing by "days" would be best (there are routines for determining the number of days between two dates), that would seperate even recent posts. Getting it done would be the hard part.

Regards Emu

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It looks as though we (north western Europe) are going to have quite a violent storm in the next 48 hours, with potential damage. The Hat is first in line. So if we disappear, stratman, you'll know why!
I see it's 80 kph winds and heavy rains forecaster. Isn't that just another day in sunny England?

All kidding aside, hope your roof stays intact, your basement dry and everyone keeps safe, warm and cozy. Consider filling some containers with potable water just in case power goes out and water is down. That happened here in the big blackout a few years ago with the eater treatment facility did not have power -- no water service, even for flushing the toilet let alone bathing and drinking for a about a week.

Will have some port wine in a bit and toast your health. Send us a post you're all ok.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks for the thoughts, incidentaly its 80mph not kph, i.e. 1.6 times. The worst we had before hit 105mph, but that was 20 years ago, a lot of things got bent.

I see what you mean about highlighting when you hover over the @......., but when I hover over my inserts it does not highlight! I must be doing something wrong.