Bit Quiet?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Is it just me or does it seem a little quiet around here at the moment?

@Nifty
I'm assuming you're checking access logs and the like to make sure there's nothing untoward happening with visitors (or established members for that matter) getting lost/bounced/404'd yes?

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
There were times when nifty was a little quiet, I don't think it's reason for concern.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you are not an IT pro, it might take some time getting accustomed to the new forum software, and start posting again. I've spent some time figuring out how things work and where to find settings.

I've also noted that the activity is very low at the moment, but I guess that in a few days it will be back to normal.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I'm completely lost at the moment. I used to follow the index & could keep track of any new posts but now all I see is a maximum of four new posts in the top right corner. There's no scroll button so unless only four posts have been made I feel I've lost touch with what's going on. Stratman did write a 500 word tutorial for me but I'm still a lost soul.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm completely lost at the moment. I used to follow the index & could keep track of any new posts but now all I see is a maximum of four new posts in the top right corner. There's no scroll button so unless only four posts have been made I feel I've lost touch with what's going on. Stratman did write a 500 word tutorial for me but I'm still a lost soul.
Hey Rod,

Key bits I find myself using a lot are located on the left area.
  1. Look for "Home , Forums , Members"
  2. Click the "Forums" button
  3. You'll then get a sub-menu with the stuff most common forum dwellers need:
  4. "New Posts" (furthest right) is probably the one you'll recognise the most.
  5. Tip: To jump to the newest post in the thread you should click on the little blue button to the right of the avatar and just before the thread title.
The other sub-menu items of "Watched Forums" and "Watched Threads" allow you to drill down to the stuff you're already interested/involved in which can be particularly useful if you're not wanting to do a major catch-up on everything.

Best advice I can give is have a play around or hire a child of around 5 to 10 years old to show you around but film what they do with a high speed camera so you can play it back and follow what they do at your own pace! :fl

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Thanks Martin:) All my kids have grown up so I'm going to have to follow all the brainy advice from you lot:)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
As a quick addendum to the original post topic... Looks like "quiet" is now a thing of the past... which is nice :)

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Websnail,...Long time no See. I've been off to "Never-Never land". Anyway this website has changed so much I can't find any of the things I need. I can't find a way to contact site help. I can find out how to update the information at the bottom of my post,. I looked at my profile and it contains nothing of what I post. I can't find anyway of sending an email to members. I tried creating a "Conversation"(?) but no one ever "Joined or responded". I see there is a lot of new fancy features but basic stuff,...like HELP seems to be missing. Is there no live "Monitor" of this web site????

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I suspect a little intro video may be in order to help translate or explain some of the new functions.

Perhaps it would be worth @Nifty having a live help system in place for a bit while the established folk try to get to grips with things?