Best refill system for Canon ip8750

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@The Hat

Can i use pigment ink in the cartridges of my ip8750 printer.

If i can which pigment ink and supplier would you recommend.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Some would say I’m bios
I suspected you were Rob's computer bot: The Hat-inator!

22.gif

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@PeterBJ
Hi Peter what did you put in the zip code box for your ink order every time I put in mine it tells me it's not recognised
Thanks
Danish ZIP codes are four digit numbers and that is what the site expects. There is no box to enter your country, so sadly I think the company doesn't ship outside Denmark. But try searching for some UK distributors. Here are a few: https://www.com-solutions.co.uk/pro...GBK-Black-original-ink-refill-?prodid=2568911 , http://www.morecomputers.com/p/?pid=0663c001>>Canon and even Canon : https://store.canon.co.uk/ink-toner/ .

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have now received the bottled Canon OEM CIS inks, and am now testing them in a Canon MG5550 printer. For photo black I use a Canon OEM CLI-551 BK cartridge. I used compatible PGI-550/CLI-550 cartridges for the Canon OEM inks. After having drilled a refill hole in the top of the cartridges I flushed the compatible cartridges using tap water and treated the sponges with pharmacists conditioning fluid. After refill I seal the drilled hole using aluminium tape. Ordinary tape should not be used. I transferred the ARC chips from the refillable cartridges to my cleaned single use cartridges. Normally you should not refill compatible cartridges intended for single use, but their quality appear better than a set of refillable PGI-550/CLI-551 cartridges I have tested.

When refilling the cleaned cartridges I noticed the magenta ink looked a bit weak like photo magenta, and I expected photos to have a green cast. They did when printed on Canon Glossy paper 501 using the MG5550. But setting magenta = +15 and intensity = +10 in the printer properties produced a nice photo with neutral greys. For colour corrections see this.

I will do a fading test using UV light. I will compare the inks to Canon OEM CLI-8 inks, the compatible IS inks for CLI-8 and CLI-226 cartridges and a cheap no-name set of PGI-220/CLI-221 cartridges. I think the fading test will take a couple of weeks. I will bring the results in a new thread.

Canon might have used some chemical tricks to prevent the use of these inks in other printers, see this thread and this post, so use the inks at your own risk.

See this warning packed with the ink bottles:
canon cis ink warning.jpg

Here is the result of test prints. The top is without correction and the bottom is with M=15 and I=10 correction:

Canon CIS ink colour correction.jpg

I look forward to see the results of the fading test. Maybe we have now got a reasonably priced and reasonably fade resistant dye refill ink for Canon? :)

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Peter Morgan I hope you are right
Will I have to use a grey cartridge as well in my ip 8750 and if I do would I be better to use an original canon cartridge to prevent fading
Thanks for the update

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I suggest to use OEM BK and GY dye cartridges for best fading performance. But in a couple of weeks I'll know more about the fading properties of the Canon OEM CIS inks. But I don't know the fading resistance of the intended refill inks for the iP8750.