Best refill system for Canon ip8750

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Did the @The Hat not say he refilled with a different canon ink and had no problems ??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That is correct in a sense, I used 3rd party inks and not Canon inks, simply because I wasn’t going to purchase a completely different set of 3rd party inks solely for use in the 551 carts, :hu I have many different types of Canon cartridges, but personally choose to use the same inks in each one of them... (BCI-6, CLI-8, CLI-525 and CLI-551) :)

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@The Hat
Just out of interest what is your opinion on refilling with canon ink do you think it would cause problems to print heads etc.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@The Hat

In a previous post you said that you didn't think canon ink would damage a printer is that your opinion ???
Thanks for all your help

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
In a previous post you said that you didn't think canon ink would damage a printer is that your opinion ???
I am pretty certain that Canon ink would not cause any problems or harm, and that’s my opinion, because it just doesn’t seem conceivable to me.

You have also got to remember if you use any inks in your printer they must all match brand wise, inks are not just individual colours they are in fact formulated to work together as a set, and introduce or replace a colour with another brand name and you could end up with photos looking very odd... :(

This goes double on all newer Canon model, you can get the same colour shift by using OEM inks from an older Canon model too.. :hu

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@The Hat
I was thinking of refilling the four cartridges with the canon ink then buying two original cartridge of grey and I think it black. I checked with canon and the ink is dye ink for the colours and pigment for the black so hopefully all will match ???

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Your idea will most certainly work, but...

The grey ink will run out extremely fast, in fact much faster than most of the other colours, especially if you are doing photos, and remember it’s the most expensive.

Your next problem will be your colours, all dough your images may look very well, it will not be as accrete as the original OEM inks, so you’ll have to adjust your printer to compensate for these minor colour shift or if you wish to have very good colour accuracy then you’ll have to profile your images, (Expensive method)

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@The Hat
My main reason for wanting to refill with canon original ink was so my images wouldn't fade do you think that is worth the expense of buying grey cartridges etc or would I be better to just use the octoinkjet ink that I got with my kit.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@PeterBJ
Hi Peter what did you put in the zip code box for your ink order every time I put in mine it tells me it's not recognised
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Some would say I’m bios, but go with the OctoInkjet inks, you’ll be happy with that ink, it is pretty close to the original OEM for colour.

It really doesn’t matter which dye inks you use, fading will occur regardless, you’ll get a little better resistance to fading from OEM ink & Papers, but that’s a very expensive way to print.

Pigment ink is the only way to insure your prints will last when exposed to everyday conditions and light, while dye ink may fade after a year or two, it give you the opportunity of reprinting the image all over again, so you get to enjoy the print all over again...

I use both dye and pigment inks but the majority of my prints are done with dye inks because it’s the cheapest way to print and I’ve gotten use to be a miserable old git, my archival work is all done with pigment ink...