Best practices on first-time Pro-100S ink management

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
L310/805/1800, P400, Pro7600
I reckon that a particular site is offering a service tool V 5105 for 29.95$ - claimed to be the latest version, and it would inlcude waste counter resets for the Pro 10(S) and Pro 100(S)

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4500,HP Deskjet 1000,
Love reading all your input. Very grateful also for the nuanced perspectives. This is a wonderful community, otherwise the kind of respectful dissent I read through these threads would not be possible.

I think it is a good idea to extend the life of the ink absorbers by minimising the number of purges, as it is not clear if you can enter service mode and reset the ink absorber counter on the PRO-100S.
Sounds like good thinking. When refilling when carts are 'low', will the printer have to do a purge cycle or will it just read the cart as fuller again than it 'thought' it was?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10, Pro9500II, MAXIFY 5350
Love reading all your input. Very grateful also for the nuanced perspectives. This is a wonderful community, otherwise the kind of respectful dissent I read through these threads would not be possible.

Sounds like good thinking. When refilling when carts are 'low', will the printer have to do a purge cycle or will it just read the cart as fuller again than it 'thought' it was?
When you refill a cartridge - you can do this at any ink level - you have to reset the chip.
The printer sees it as a new full cartridge.
Everytime you change even one cartridge, the printer purges all.

PK Project Manager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've reading a lot of your posts recently, so much wonderful information and experiences, a pleasure to lose oneself in.

I thought it'd might be a good idea to post this question since it might to an interesting overview of different perspectives on ink management.

Two months ago, I got myself a refurbished Pro-100s. Now, after some printing (20 A4, glossy, full colour), the first tanks are getting empty, so I've been wondering what my best next step would be.

I've been looking at octo-ink's, ink-tec's and PC's products, and I'm not looking into advice which would be best, as I greatly respect the work of the different people behind these products.
I'm more interested in your views on how to proceed: do I buy a starter kit? Do I buy just the first one that's emptying out (Grey, in my case), in order to eventually have a second OEM cart set?
How did you all start this part of the life of your printer?
Would love to read of your insights and experiences.

Best, and thanks in advance,
Kasper
Awesome ideas to maximize ink consumption! Congrats on getting featured on the homepage. :)