Best non OEM Blank carts in Europe ?

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Can someone recomend the Best Blank carts in Europe ? (Pref. with ARChip) to be used in Canon MP980 Please ?

Thank You !!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
yes there is: use the original cartridge and exchange the original canon chip with an ARC-chip....

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
thanks very much,

I am already refilling original carts but need another set. where can I get ARC Please ?

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hello from India,

The printer that you mention uses the canon 820/21 cart that have been around for quite some time and find usage in Canon IP3600/ IP4600/ MP540/ 620/ 630/ 980 Canon IP3600/ IP4600/ MP620/ Canon IP3600/ IP4600/ ...
So like our friend pharmacist says, the best cart is the canon oem so what should do... my advise buy a few virgin carts from ebay and keep them as your standby.

Rgds

Jasii

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
thanks

but I need ARChips for the oem carts. Printer is 4 weeks old and still under warranty. If I disable the ink warning from printer I loose warranty and there is no chip resetter for mp980

p.s. it uses 520/521 carts

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi!

Look again at the warranty clause. Warranty is not effected by disabling ink warning for sure.
The prob is you'd have to manually keep track of ink levels.

I just googled canon auto reset chip and there are a huge plethora of options, discount the chinese offers and you should be locate one that is closest to you.

Rgds

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Yes it voids warranty on the printhead :( I contacted a canon authorised dealer in my country

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi Friend,

The Auth service centre guys would talk in a lingo that is beneficial for them.

Let us take this scenario

We refill the carts, disable the ink warning print All OK.

In case of any generic problem we take out the refilled cart, stick in an original oem cart take it for service.

Nobody is wiser and everybody is happy.

Rgds,

Jasii

kerman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What if you take your OEM empty canon cartridge, you take it the chip off, and plug it a valid autoreset chip like this one which comes with this kind of compatible cartridges http://www.inksupply.com/product-details.cfm?pn=ARC-CLI221BK ? if it works with it, it should work so fine with your empty oem one, I guess.

No need to disable ink monitoring and not concerns about warranty.

A doubt, aftermarket here means OEM but used, or just compatible?

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
yes with ARChips you don't disable ink monitor BUT the ink will ALWAYS show FULL in the ink monitor.

Check the ink frequently (I use a bright torch) to avoid removing them from the printhead