BCI-6bk Is it being used? I guess so.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
If you leave the exit hole open and blow into the vent hole, does any ink come out of the exit? It sounds like the vent passage is blocked.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Initially no ink came out when I blew into the maze, but I think that was because there was no ink in the sponge. If I open the refill hole, let the ink flow into the sponge, replace the refill hole plug, and THEN blow into the maze hole I do get ink.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
The other issue I'm running into is that since these carts always look full (to my eye and to the prism sensor) then the only time I know I need to do something about them is if they stop printing.

Anybody have any ideas of whether or not increasing / adding a small hole above the sponge will help? If I try this is worst case ink all over my printer, or just a non-printing cartridge?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
At first all the Arrow carts were working fine except the bci-6bk mentioned in the first post. Now it seems that more of the sets are having this problem before refilling. I'm going to keep an eye on them and keep you posted. Right now all my carts in my i860 are Arrow brand. Some refilled, some with original ink.