Bad printing results on Workforce Pro WF-5620DWF aka WF-4630

Doug Ransom

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-4640, brother mfc-470
After one year of working my WF-5620DWF (nearly identical to WF-4630) produces a very bad printing look.
B/w text has smears and letters sometimes are slanting to the left. The nozzle test shows gaps at black and magenta. Normal head cleaning showed no improvement. I have always used original Epson cartridges. product warranty is still valid.
Has anyonone any ideas?
Thanks
Yann
I had very similar problems. Running the cleaning cycle or trying to client the print head with alcohol and paper towel (by putting it under the printhead) didn't accomplish much. Went from no ink coming out to a little bit, but print quality unsuitable for any purpose.

I think the print head failed.

David Plumley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-5620
OK ... I have found the encoder strip ... it is much higher up ... hidden from view behind an internal panel that just covers it. I can just about feel it with my finger tips. Virtually unreachable to clean it
2017-11-24 15.26.13.jpg

David Plumley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-5620
Yes ... however, I can't find instructions of how to remove the casing ... they make it hard to discover the correct method

Doug Ransom

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf-4640, brother mfc-470
I had very similar problems. Running the cleaning cycle or trying to client the print head with alcohol and paper towel (by putting it under the printhead) didn't accomplish much. Went from no ink coming out to a little bit, but print quality unsuitable for any purpose.

I think the print head failed.
Sigh, Epson will not honour the warranty, as product was purchased on Amazon forma third pary.