Bad G&g Cyan

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just got a really bad batch of CYAN BCI-6 carts manufactured by G&G (through inkgrabber)

I've used Inkgrabber's stuff for years- absolutely no problem- till today.

I ordered 6 CYAN BCI-6 carts for my 4 Canon i960 printers-

I immediately noticed OVERSATURATION of CYAN--

Then I noticed the ink was runny, and bleeding on the nozzle side of the head.

I've reported this to Inkgrabber who hopefully will notify G&G.

You can use this stuff, but you have to reduce the CYAN amount by -8 in your Canon printer and check the nozzles on the head, and invariably wipe off if the printer sits for any length of time.

Recommended that you avoid this G&G color till the problem and batch is fixed.

I've also noted that G&G carts are EXTREMELY difficult to refill because the refill plug has this nasty little black plastic plug in it- 50% of the time when I attempt to punch out the refill hole, and plug up (using Computer Friends blue plugs) the seal is not complete and the cart leaks.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING TO REFILL G&G carts. Use anything but. Canon carts refill easily, as do the old Rainbow Brand Carts.

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I recently got another batch of ink carts from inkgrabber.com and they've been fine--

the bad batch was several colors, not just the cyan, but apparently the problem found out and fixed-

like I said, first time ever in years I ever had a problem from this company.

Given that the color acccuracy has been excellent, I'm continuing to use their product.

PS- they happily replaced all the carts that were bad.

ALSO-- I've discovered how to reuse the G&G carts--- simply LEAVE the stock fill plug in place and when you're ready to refill, drill a completely new hole in the top reservoir chamber (NOT the side with the sponge) using a drill bit slightly smaller than the famous and most usable blue Computer Friends refill plugs.