B200 error

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Dear All,

I own a MX922. It is about 3-4 years old. I refill it with precision colors. It has printed about 6500 pages. B200 started to show up from time to time. I turn it off. Wait about 10-30 minutes and turn it back on. It continues to print.

I already have a spare head (remanufactured, as all of them are, as far as I lknow. Purchased through Aliexpress). It is sealed. Of course I do not know if the spare head will work or print well as it happens with such heads...

My question is: Should I replace the head now, before the original head comes to a point that it does not print anymore, or should wait for such timing? Am I running the risk of ruinning the board if I wait?

Thank you very much.

Celso

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
B200 may go away following various manuevers, like power off then back on, but usually returns eventually. It is often the harbinger of print head failure, sooner rather than later. People generally continue to use the print head as long as it works until unable or when their patience fails.

Am I running the risk of ruinning the board if I wait?
This is not something the forum has seen such that a knowledgeable recommendation can be made.

I already have a spare head (remanufactured, as all of them are, as far as I lknow. Purchased through Aliexpress).
I wish you the best of luck with it

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Thank you guys. Honest responses. I will wait until the original heads completely fails.