Avoiding deep cleaning

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The PGI-x50/CLI-x51 and PGI-x70/CLI-x71 cartridge generations of printers use a more low profile build than older Canon printers. There is not much free space above the cartridges, so they are inserted using a more sliding motion than compared to older printers. If the ink outlets were circular it would be difficult to insert the cartridges in the newer printers.

For some reason Canon decided to use a more low profile design for these printers. Maybe HP started this trend with their Envy series of printers? Some of these HP models look more like a DVD player than a printer to me.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The ink outlets on the cartridges are oval, but the ink inlets in the print head are circular.
Understood. The ink inlets of the print head is the critical information here. The OP should be able to find tubing at a local hardware store to fit over the inlet ports if so desired unless the UK does not stock this common inner diameter measurement found here in the States..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The pharmacist solution works just like magic, maybe that’s the answer.. :D
Ahh, like Lucky Charms are magically delicious.

lucky-charms.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I use cheap plastic turkey basters (with the tapered tip hand modified to fit over the inlet) to force fluid through Canon print heads. Seem to work fine...