Auto Reset chips for ip4600 ip3600, ip4680 and ip3680

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Haven't been in the forum for sometime.

Just for info.

For those with these printer, Auto Reset chips are available for ip4600 ip3600, ip4680 and ip3680 for sometime. Though no resetter for these series that I am aware of.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The stupidity of these autoreset chips is the fact when the power is down (you shut down the printer) these chips are automatically reset to full again even it showed almost empty before the power break, making you think the cartridges are still full. For me it is better to have low warning even if the cartridges are full then a cartridge showing a false full, because the latter will give you a false feeling of safety.

In Germany there are some refill shops capable to reset these cartridges and I think sooner or later there will be much cheaper resetters available for these tiny cartridges.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
While I agree with you, for me I use my printers enough to just automatically refill once a week. If there was value it would be from having the
cartridge not get rejected from the printer. "Unrecognized ink tanks" more often than not is resolved with a reset chip.

That would be the only reason why I would get these, I also tend not to trust how accurate these chips are, I wish they measured using the prism like the older models. I can tell you that one of my PGBK cartridges is FULL of ink, however, because the chip is faulty on the cartridge, it just won't reset for whatever reason and keeps reading empty. (an argument for using the prism and not relying on the chips I guess)