Artisan 50 Refillable Carts or CISS

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have an Artisan 50 printer, which has been used extensively over the past year and a half. I've printed close to 2000 color pages. Currently, I have refillable carts in my Artisan 50, but I've been contemplating over the past couple of days weather I should get a CISS kit or not. Refilling the printer is becoming a pain, I have to refill every other day, and I'm sure getting a CISS will easily solve this issue. I've been using ink sold by hobbicolours. I asked him for his opinion if I should get a CISS kit, but his advice was to stay away from them, and stick to refillable carts.

I already have a waste ink tank set up on this printer. The other day, I received an error message to replace waste ink pads on my epson printer, which easily solvable by downloading the tool provided by Epson directly to reset it. I've been lurking through the forum, and from what I understand, as long as you give the CISS good use on a daily basis, there shouldn't be issues...........

The question remains, should I get an CISS kit or stick with the current set up with refillable carts? Purchasing a CISS kit on ebay is tempting, at $30 you cant really go wrong!

resetter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you print a lot - you have to install CISS. But you needd to use very high quality inks.
You can use original Epson inks also.
Buy 250 ml cartriges for EPson Pro series and use that inks in CISS.
That is realy best solution.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
burning said:
I have an Artisan 50 printer, which has been used extensively over the past year and a half. I've printed close to 2000 color pages. Currently, I have refillable carts in my Artisan 50, but I've been contemplating over the past couple of days weather I should get a CISS kit or not. Refilling the printer is becoming a pain, I have to refill every other day, and I'm sure getting a CISS will easily solve this issue. I've been using ink sold by hobbicolours. I asked him for his opinion if I should get a CISS kit, but his advice was to stay away from them, and stick to refillable carts.

I already have a waste ink tank set up on this printer. The other day, I received an error message to replace waste ink pads on my epson printer, which easily solvable by downloading the tool provided by Epson directly to reset it. I've been lurking through the forum, and from what I understand, as long as you give the CISS good use on a daily basis, there shouldn't be issues...........

The question remains, should I get an CISS kit or stick with the current set up with refillable carts? Purchasing a CISS kit on ebay is tempting, at $30 you cant really go wrong!
You can get a very good Epson CISS and plenty of advice from Leonardjohn (Nifty member):thumbsup

A CISS for any printer is not cheap so only buy the best quality where possible
and remember the cheaper the price the quicker the problems.

http://contiuousinksystemcorp.com/