Are all HP inkjets still using the integrated tank/printhead design?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Yes, dye prints fad, that is mostly well known (to anyone that has had any experience in printing), but for printing other than photos, that is really a moot point. ;)

But , since you brought that up, having that much ink in the printer if you don't do really heavy printing, is that a problem as far as the ink going bad (as opposed to have the bulk ink in separate bottles? I know either way the ink is in 'storage', but isn't having it in the printer somewhat more risky? :idunno

I've never heard of ink "going bad" in the printer. The main problem is that the head can dry up, although the only printer that ever gave me that problem was an old HP with an integrated cartridge.

I prefer pigment ink for written work. I really don't want to take chances on my printed work fading. I have seen dye ink completely disappear in dim light.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
...The question remains about the replaceable printheads....
It's very easy to replace Canon and HP heads, and I assume Brother heads as well--the only problems being cost and availability. Epson heads are not user-replaceable.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
Ok on the ink stored in the printer, it was just a thought.
Understood about Canon, HP & Epson heads. I ruled out Epson for that reason, it was never on my list. ;)