Anything really wrong with Canon Pro 9000 MkII?

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
rodbam said:
A great looking print is a great looking print & the pro9000 & pro9500 do great looking prints. The newer printers prints will look just the same as the older printers prints to the naked eye but may have a very slight improvement if looked at through a lupe plus they will print faster. It's much the same as newer cameras the images look just the same as older cameras to the naked eye & to the size we print at. No one can tell the difference between a shot from a full frame camera & a shot from an 1.6 crop camera unless they blow it up to 100%.
Thanks for that. The Cli-8 carts are a breeze to refill compared to the newer versions. I have just bought a Canon G9 because my Canon 720IS continually gives me the the low battery warning but was worried about the relatively small sensor compared to DSLR versions, but results seem very good so far. Yet if you see some stunning shot in a Magazine it always seem to have been taken by a Canon 5/7D or its Nikon equal. Sorry gone of piste here,not printer related

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
IMO, printing quality has not made any large steps in practical Image Quality for at least half a decade. The only practical differences appear to be in the ever escalating cat-and-mouse game between the OEM's and cart refillers.

The prisms on the bottom of the BCI-6 carts still work just fine to let you know when a cart needs changing. We don't need no stinkin' chips! They do not provide ANY practical improvement to printing whatsoever....

Wayne

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I bought mine in July 2011. It cost 359.99 but had a Canon coupon for 100 cashback, which I subsequently received. Delivery was free. It came with CD tray and software and Adobe PS Elements 8.

It has proved to be a very good buy. Print quality is as good as I had hoped up to A3+. Re-filling CLi 8 cartridges is straight forward thanks to this site and OctoInkjet. The Canon software including Easy Photo Print Pro has been faultless.

So there is nothing wrong with the Pro 9000 II as far as I am concerned.