Anyone tried these papers?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
rakuten.de has very limited shipping, doesn't ship to Poland, Lithuania etc.
The etiketten-plus.de has a store on ebay too, and replied that shipping to Lithuania is 70Eur !
The same seller did not respond to inquiry about shipping sent using their website. Bad service imho.

Now this is strange, as they do ship to Poland for reasonable price, not cheap like other seller s-media-trading.de that agreed to ship for 10Eur (and answered promptly), so just the product price is %50 of the deal.

If anyone needs matt paper try to outsource (found locally 16Eur):
NAVIGATOR OFFICE CARD, 160 g 250sht. It's very cheap and as any matt paper is just that.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are following the thread by mikling why he is complaining about his int'l business, you are a victim of
that same situation, companies are not interested in business in particular countries even within the E'U - as bad as it is. The Labelheaven paper 180 gr is at 1405 grams /100 sheets, that makes about 15kg for 1000, and 32€ freight with DHL/Germany, that's the regular postal service, DHL express as a courier service is faster and much more expensive. GLS is pretty expensive, more than DHL, DPD would run at 19 - 23€ depending on box size. But not every company would ship with DPD if he is not working with them for all his other business as well. And if they don' have a contract with UPS etc there one off rates are pretty high as well.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
It seems you a correct, but the unwillingness to deal with another EU country contradicts what EU is. I don't care what seller bases his decisions upon, if you ship to Poland then you ship also to Lithuania, same price and everything. Else this is discrimination and the hell EU.

One may choose not to sell to certain countries is they are not in Union, such as EU. Up to 30Kg, shipping from Germany is ~15Eur, the one company I mentioned above ships for 10Eur

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Well, some forwarders have an EU flat rate, other companies have different tariff zones so Poland may be in a different tariff zone. And all rates you can look up in the internet are one-off rates for a single shipment, typically a company makes a deal with a particular shipper, and then the rates may be based on business volume to that country , on total volume etc, but as well scaled with tariff zones . The dealer may add a surcharge for int'l shipments for stronger boxes, to cover additional paper work, for insurance , a reserve for additonal work to handle lost etc shipments so we can argue a lot about that, but I regret that this all won't help you. And you are right with the impression that you feel treated more like a 2nd level EU member

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Companies and suppliers of goods can sell just about anywhere within the EU, but some are reluctant to do so, why, well who knows but it’s their loss and other suppliers will in time no dough fill that gap.

@Smile give it a bit more time because your country has only just joined the Euro currency.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Smile give it a bit more time because your country has only just joined the Euro currency.

My country is in EU from 2004, that is 11 Years. Our local currency all this time had fixed exchange rate, so no risk for sellers or for me to buy from EU. The exchange rate was fixed.

PrintingSoon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805 x 2 & WF-7210DTW
@Ink stained Fingers Has your opinion about labelheaven's paper changed? I'm thinking about buying some of their A4 230g photo paper. I'm using an Epson L805 with OEM inks.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
@PrintingSoon - what type of paper are you looking for ? and where are you located ? The Labelheaven paper is a budget level paper, not too bad as such if you get it at a very low price - pricing seems to vary a lot from supplier to supplier. The Labelheaven papers come with a pretty dull black level which defines the overall contrast impression of a a print, there are other papers with similar prices but with a better black level. All these cast coated papers have a rather small gamut l - but you need to balance the performance against the pricing. I'm currently using cast coated papers from Mediarange which give me a visibly better black level and a slightly wider gamut.

PrintingSoon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805 x 2 & WF-7210DTW
@Ink stained Fingers I'm trying to find a A4 glossy paper for photos that's cheaper than the big brands. I'm in England, UK. I missed the Lidl paper offer and found this thread after searching for an alternative. I checked on eBay and I can get 500 sheets from etiketten-plus for 40 euros delivered. This is a very good price, it works out about 7p per sheet.

The best price I can get Mediarange A4 gloss 220g paper is about 10p per sheet when buying 500 sheets. I don't mind the extra cost and I don't mind paying more than that per sheet. I'm just hoping there is at least a decent photo produced when printing.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did you use the Labelheaven paper before ? If not I would recommend you to buy a smaller package from Labelheaven and/or Mediarange and do some testing - so that you can check whether it meets your expectations and prints are 'decent'.. Both of these papers are of the cast coated type - a cheaper production method, and these papers are technically different from the Aldi/Sihl paper , this one is a PE paper , sandwiched with a thin PE film on both sides before one side gets coated for inkjet printing. Such PE papers have a wider gamut , give a feel more like a print from a digital photo shop, and are (much) more expensive - up to 50-70cts/sheet.
This is a rather low price offer for such PE papers at Ebay, the papers are coming from Poland, but the sales office is in Germany. The better papers are of the PE type - 'Rückseite PE' - backside PE, since they have as well other types in their webshop.

www.ebaystores.de/ac-concept/_i.html?_nkw=r%C3%BCckseite+pe&

One of the problems at Ebay, Amazon etc is that the sellers rarely declare the specific paper type but just promise you the highest gloss ever.