Anyone tried these papers?

PrintingSoon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805 x 2 & WF-7210DTW
Thanks for your responses and for the information.

I haven't used it before, I may buy a pack of 100 to test it. At the moment I'm paying 26p (0.31 euro) per sheet, the paper is on special offer. The normal price is 35p (0.41 euro) per sheet. The store you linked to doesn't ship to the UK, I searched "Rückseite PE" on the German eBay and found this:

www.ebay.de/itm/162905558587
Although it would also be a risk as there isn't a lot of information to be read. It seems it comes down to testing cheaper brands and potentially wasting money or buying branded paper. I've just seen photopaperdirect sell a satin gloss A4 paper which is on offer as buy one get one free, it's PE coated on both sides but the paper is only 200g. Their higher weighted paper is the same price as branded paper.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are right - europrint is shipping to U.K., ac-concept does not, but is the same paper.
You may order your paper of choice as 4x6 inch for a test, that's a smaller pack.
It seems it comes down to testing cheaper brands and potentially wasting money or buying branded paper.
Before you really make savings with 3rd party, no name budget type supplies you should spend some of the
anticipated savings upfront to test the products , to make sure it meets your expectations and your idea of a price/performance ratio. The price alone is not a reliable indicator how good a product is. I'm using both - the budget Mediarange double sided papers , but as well papers by Fotospeed or Tecco or HP.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I would look for brands as Innova, Proline and Olmec, used by professionals.
A quick search returns an Olmec 260g, 50 sheets for € 19.55, that's 0.4/sheet.
These papers have good reviews and continously available in all sizes, weights, surfaces, and quantities.
They have sample packs.
You also can download profiles.

PrintingSoon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805 x 2 & WF-7210DTW
You are right - europrint is shipping to U.K., ac-concept does not, but is the same paper.
You may order your paper of choice as 4x6 inch for a test, that's a smaller pack.

Before you really make savings with 3rd party, no name budget type supplies you should spend some of the
anticipated savings upfront to test the products , to make sure it meets your expectations and your idea of a price/performance ratio. The price alone is not a reliable indicator how good a product is. I'm using both - the budget Mediarange double sided papers , but as well papers by Fotospeed or Tecco or HP.

It's probably the best way although it would be nice if I could skip the bit where I have to be the guinea pig 😀, especially since the cheaper paper doesn't really have much resale value. The Lidl paper deal looks even more of a bargain now.

I've signed up to a German forwarder and I've been given a German mailing address, this allows me to order from sihl-direct. At the moment I can't see their prices (I'm having a little trouble registering) but if the price is 8 euros as mentioned on this forum before, it would work out as roughly 20p per sheet when buying 500 sheets. This is double the cost of buying from Lidl but it may be the best option. It saves me 6p per sheet (30GBP per 500 / 35.45 Euros) and I gain the same amount again as additional profit if I manage to sell all 500 photos.

I've only tested two brands of paper, one is Kodak ultra premium glossy and I think it looks great. The second paper is Fujifilm but it's an unfair comparison given it's lower weight (280g Kodak vs 180g Fujifilm). I had it on hand from a purchase I made years ago. The blacks on the Fujifilm paper look more grey than black and almost cloudy.

I didn't know about the different paper coating methods, I knew there had to be a difference given the price differences but not what to look for. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I would look for brands as Innova, Proline and Olmec, used by professionals.
A quick search returns an Olmec 260g, 50 sheets for € 19.55, that's 0.4/sheet.
These papers have good reviews and continously available in all sizes, weights, surfaces, and quantities.
They have sample packs.
You also can download profiles.

Thanks for the suggestions. Before seeing your post I found a site selling Olmec paper for £12 for 50 sheets, that would save me 2p per sheet (it all adds up) and Olmec seems to be well rated. I then got to the checkout and the delivery cost makes it more expensive than I can currently get Kodak for.

I will keep an eye on prices as there may be special offers on in the future.